Subject: bug#56712: closed (Re: bug#56712: 29.0.50; x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save fails on Cygwin)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 16:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56712: 29.0.50; x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save fails on Cygwin

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56712: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56712
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56712: 29.0.50; x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save fails on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 12:24:21 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 7/24/2022 10:10 PM, Po Lu wrote:
> It's a bug in the test, which I (hopefully) fixed.  Please give it
> another try.

It's fixed, thanks.  So I guessed right about there being a "file:///" that 
should have been "file://", but I didn't see it staring me in the face in the 
test file!

Closing.

Subject: 29.0.50; x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save fails on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 17:10:16 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The test in the subject fails as follows on Cygwin:

Test x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save backtrace:
   ert--should-signal-hook(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (x-dnd-test
   signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (x-dnd-tests-call-xds-conver
   ert-fail(((should (equal (x-dnd-tests-call-xds-converter) '(STRING .
   (if (unwind-protect (setq value-19 (apply fn-17 args-18)) (setq form
   (let (form-description-21) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-19 (apply
   (let ((value-19 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-20)) (let (form-descrip
   (let* ((fn-17 #'equal) (args-18 (condition-case err (let ((signal-ho
   (prog1 'XdndActionDirectSave (let* ((fn-10 #'eq) (args-11 (condition
   x-begin-drag(("XdndDirectSave0" "text/uri-list") XdndActionDirectSav
   x-dnd-do-direct-save("/tmp/x-dnd-test7T4xoz" "x-dnd-test-targetDdUAT
   (list (x-dnd-do-direct-save original-file x-dnd-tests-xds-name nil n
   (let ((signal-hook-function #'ert--should-signal-hook)) (list (x-dnd
   (condition-case err (let ((signal-hook-function #'ert--should-signal
   (let* ((fn-47 #'eq) (args-48 (condition-case err (let ((signal-hook-
   (progn (if (file-exists-p original-file) nil (write-region "" 0 orig
   (unwind-protect (progn (if (file-exists-p original-file) nil (write-
   (progn (unwind-protect (progn (if (file-exists-p original-file) nil
   (let* ((--cl-gui-set-selection-- #'ignore)) (progn (unwind-protect (
   (let ((x-dnd-tests-xds-include-hostname include-hostname) (x-dnd-tes
   x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save-internal(nil)
   (closure (t) nil (x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save-internal nil) (x-dnd-te
   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save :documenta
   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
   ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))) #f(compil
   ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativeco
   eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :n
   command-line-1(("-L" ":../../master/test" "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/x-dn
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()
Test x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save condition:
     (ert-test-failed
      ((should
        (equal
         (x-dnd-tests-call-xds-converter)
         '(STRING . "S")))
       :form
       (equal
        (STRING . "E")
        (STRING . "S"))
       :value nil :explanation
       (cdr
        (array-elt 0
                   (different-atoms ... ...)))))

The failure first occurred in the commit that introduced the test.  Let me know 
what I can do to help debug this.

Ken

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 42, x86_64-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.22.28, cairo 
version 1.17.4)
  of 2022-07-22 built on moufang2
Repository revision: 3534a8e15c971d4dc901e029f8c0f6ba68fcecd5
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.12101003
Configured using:
  'configure 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O0''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY GFILENOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix