Subject: Re: bug#56712: 29.0.50; x-dnd-tests-do-direct-save fails on Cygwin

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:26:30 +0800

Ken Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry, I'm not immediately seeing how to do this in the context of the
> test. Could you be more explicit?

I suggest adding some code here, in x-dnd.el:

      (condition-case nil
          (progn
            (copy-file x-dnd-xds-current-file
                       local-name t)
            (when (equal x-dnd-xds-current-file
                         dnd-last-dragged-remote-file)
              (dnd-remove-last-dragged-remote-file)))
        (:success '(STRING . "S"))
        (error '(STRING . "E")) <--- add code here

to print out the error that is causing it to reply with "E".

> Does that help?

No, unfortunately not.  The test is not useful interactively.

> By the way, I should have said in my original report that I do an
> out-of-tree build.  I'll try an in-tree build after sending this
> message to see if I still get the test failure.

Thanks.