Subject: bug#56709: Channel opening failure with guix deploy

From: Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:26:41 +0000

Hi,

I use 'guix deploy' to deploy on a machine on the local network. There
is no problem using ssh as standard, but 'guix deploy' fails.  Machine
configuration:
https://paste.sr.ht/~akagi/04c11305b19b1b25d0e61a88f6892057dee01b67

So far, I do not understand how to approach this problem, I would be
very grateful for any advice.

Log:

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "~/dotfiles/" -*-
Compilation started at Fri Jul 22 19:46:59

make deploy
guix deploy magi/system/remote/deploy.scm
The following 1 machine will be deployed:
  home-server

guix deploy: deploying to home-server...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://ci.guix.trop.in'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://substitutes.nonguix.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/fjychria4fq95iy5m1zasxnirk0y6v48-remote-exp.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/nlx7rql98r2vmcp3vsh8iyza84idygrs-switch-to-system.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/hnrjnbqgzn664zqs2wvcsvm8ld5y0vf3-system.drv
  /gnu/store/4p6q4l0ya16z0vahfp6i52r1gps82642-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/835gjdjaclznrpymk8f5ir6c259pg4xy-provenance.drv

building /gnu/store/835gjdjaclznrpymk8f5ir6c259pg4xy-provenance.drv...
building CA certificate bundle...
listing Emacs sub-directories...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building database for manual pages...
building profile with 51 packages...
building /gnu/store/hnrjnbqgzn664zqs2wvcsvm8ld5y0vf3-system.drv...
building /gnu/store/nlx7rql98r2vmcp3vsh8iyza84idygrs-switch-to-system.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/fjychria4fq95iy5m1zasxnirk0y6v48-remote-exp.scm.drv...
guix deploy: sending 11 store items (2 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '192.168.1.103'...
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/p6hxcnb7drm1yhcsmhicziv1mmad1p7y-remote-exp.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/z2p4a8zq70vqcx9lk7mn0rravy6nw46r-upgrade-shepherd-services.scm.drv

building /gnu/store/z2p4a8zq70vqcx9lk7mn0rravy6nw46r-upgrade-shepherd-services.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/p6hxcnb7drm1yhcsmhicziv1mmad1p7y-remote-exp.scm.drv...
;;; [2022/07/22 19:47:46.682720, 0] [GSSH ERROR] Channel opening failure: channel 63 error (2) open failed: #<input-output: channel (closed) 7f55329f2720>
Backtrace:
In guix/store.scm:
  1380:11 19 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f553…> …)
   1298:8 18 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f5532e12e40 at g…> …)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 17 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/deploy.scm:
    159:6 16 (_)
In guix/store.scm:
  2168:25 15 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f55359e6820> …)
In gnu/machine/ssh.scm:
   498:10 14 (_ _)
   499:39 13 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In gnu/machine/ssh.scm:
   499:39 11 (_)
In guix/store.scm:
  2168:25 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f553484f0f0> …)
In guix/remote.scm:
   138:10  9 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  2040:38  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f553484f0f0>)
In guix/ssh.scm:
    372:2  7 (send-files #<store-connection 256.99 7f553484f0f0> _ # …)
    218:5  6 (remote-run (begin (use-modules (guix) (srfi #) # #) …) #)
In ssh/popen.scm:
     64:4  5 (open-remote-pipe* _ "r+" _ . _)
In unknown file:
           4 (channel-open-session #<input-output: channel (closed) …>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  3 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1683:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Throw to key `guile-ssh-error' with args `("channel-open-session" "Channel opening failure: channel 63 error (2) open failed" #<input-output: channel (closed) 7f55329f2720> #f)'.
make: *** [Makefile:32: deploy] Error 1

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev