Subject: Re: [bug#56706] [PATCH 02/17] gnu: Tryton application and framework: Update to 6.2.x.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:51:10 +0200

Am 22.07.22 um 19:25 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> We usually ask patch submitters to split their patches unrelated parts 
> -- these updates are all related, but (guix)Submitting Patches 
> clarifies it as: 

These packages need to be updated together, as the trytond checks the 
(minor) version of the modules when loading them.

And we did it the same way in d4d37071313727d8cf0cb120d6d48111ad4f565b 
(for 6.0.x) and 823cca8bce2d61b843d9c55a9d3cb9e69ff2a4ca (for 5.8.x). 
Only difference is that back then we did not have so many Tryton modules.

Of course I can split this into separate commits — and this would even 
simplify my workflow, as well as increase the number of commits 
submitted by me and thus my „fame“. Anyhow, I doubt having 160 separate 
commits would be of much benefit.

The commits have been done with committer.scm, reviewed and then 
squashed using a script. Thus IMHO it;s not worth validating that the 
commit message matched the change. YMMV.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |