Subject: [bug#56706] [PATCH 02/17] gnu: Tryton application and framework: Update to 6.2.x.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:25:03 +0200

On 22-07-2022 17:47, Hartmut Goebel wrote:

>   gnu/packages/tryton.scm | 708 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
>   1 file changed, 360 insertions(+), 348 deletions(-)

We usually ask patch submitters to split their patches unrelated parts 
-- these updates are all related, but (guix)Submitting Patches clarifies 
it as:

   13. Verify that your patch contains only one set of related changes.
      Bundling unrelated changes together makes reviewing harder and
      slower.

      Examples of unrelated changes include the _addition of several
      packages_, or a package update along with fixes to that package.

(emphasis mine), I assume this also includes _updates of several packages_.

Unless they need to all be updated at the same time, it seems that this 
patch should be split for the usual reasons, though I don't know how 
"hard" this guideline is.

TBC, I'm mostly doing other things than reviewing at the moment (though 
I don't expect any problems aside from the patch splitting conventions, 
but the subject line of patch 03/17 sprang out as unexpected.

Greetings,
Maxime.