Subject: [bug#56684] [PATCH 1/3] Bump rust 1.57 -> 1.58

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 02:08:25 +0200

merge 54439 56684
thanks

You aren't bumping the version but adding a new version of the Rust 
package, the old one is still there. Also, conventionally it is named 
updating in Guix, and a commit message is missing. For examples see the 
git history.

Are all the intermediate steps needed, or could you reduce the number of 
new intermediate packages?

E.g., you could try going directly from 1.57 to 1.60 without 
intermediate steps. If that's possible, it would be less inefficient to 
compile.

Also, there are already patches for updating rust, see 
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54439>. Please look for 
already existing patches before posting duplicates, to avoid double 
work, etc.

Greetings,
Maxime.