Subject: Re: bug#56683: 29.0.50; long lines fix doesn't work correctly when lines are truncated

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:28:47 +0300

> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 08:51:56 +0200
> 
> If we really want infinity, how about setting last_visible_x to -1 in
> that case.  But that requires checking/changing some places where
> the iterator pisition is tested against last_visible_x.

I don't really see how this could help in general, because the
current_x member (what you call the "iterator position") will still
overflow at some point, and we can no longer do any layout decisions
for the X coordinate after that.

Or what am I missing?

> Your "ticks" check kicks in should be burn to much time because of the
> infinite last x, right?

Sorry, I don't think I understand what you are asking here.  Please
elaborate or rephrase.