Subject: bug#56682: Fix the long lines font locking related slowdowns

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 13:29:21 +0300

> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:33:38 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>     [email-masked]
> >> Could you please tell me if it's ready to merge?
> >
> > Yes, I think it's ready, thanks for all your hard work on this.
> >
> 
> Now done, and closing this bug.

Thanks.

> I made a few further documentation changes, in particular
> "arbitrarily long" is important to me, factually correct, and
> correct English (see e.g.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrarily_large ).

Please always assume that I gave these aspects and your perspective
due consideration before making my changes, and please never revert
them without discussing first.

In this case, "arbitrarily large" contradicts the text that follows,
which describes the circumstances where that might not be true.  Other
minor changes are due to simple humility: we shouldn't boast
achievements that have yet to see serious real-world testing.

In any case, the final responsibility for what the documentation says
and how is Lars's and mine, as the current project maintainers.

Thanks again for all the efforts invested in these important
improvements.