Subject: bug#56682: Fix the long lines font locking related slowdowns

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 21:31:30 +0000

>
> I don't see any reason to delay landing the important improvements we 
> have on the branch.  It will allow more people to use those 
> improvements, and thus will contribute both to their stability and to 
> further progress in this direction.
>

Okay, I pushed two final (?) improvements: a new optional argument "lock" 
to narrow-to-region that Lars (added in Cc) suggested and which is now 
used to lock the restriction around fontification-functions, and two 
updates to the documentation.

Could you please tell me if it's ready to merge?

>> And we can/should open a new bug report and branch to discuss these 
>> long-and-truncated lines issues and solution attempts.
>
> Opening a new bug about that is fine by me.
>

Actually there's no need to open a new bug report, as bug#56683 already 
exists.