Subject: bug#56682: locked narrowing

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:30:05 +0300

(Sorry, resending after unarchiving the bug)

Hi Gregory,

I don't mean to hurry you up, but:

On 20.08.2022 19:20, Gregory Heytings wrote:
> 
> I pushed a (hopefully) improved version of the the locked narrowing 
> feature in the feature/improved-locked-narrowing branch.  It is now 
> possible:
> 
> 1. to unlock a locked narrowing,
> 
> 2. to use narrow-to-region and widen within the bounds of a locked 
> narrowing,
> 
> 3. to enter and leave a locked narrowing within a locked narrowing, and
> 
> 4. to use that feature in Lisp code (either directly or with a helper 
> macro).
> 
> As far as I understand, given that it is possible to unlock a locked 
> narrowing, adding the possibility to choose how the bounds of the locked 
> narrowings are computed has become unnecessary.

Does that mean that you concluded that font-lock will be able (and 
should) unlock the narrowing before doing its thing?

Which will be equivalent to not applying the narrowing in 
handle_fontified_prop to begin with.