Subject: Re: bug#56680: go-1.16.15 build fails in check phase on powerpc64le

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 00:34:30 +0300

On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 11:02:53PM +0200, Marcel van der Boom wrote:
> 
> [Efraim Flashner]:
> > I'm currently working on bootstrapping go-1.17.11 directly from gccgo,
> > so we'd be able to skip 1.16 entirely. Currently it works on
> > x86_64-linux but not on riscv64-linux. If you want to test something
> > like that on powerpc64le that'd be great.
> 
> Sure, can you point me in the right direction and get me started on what
> would be useful for you?

Looking at the package definitions for go it looks like the inputs and
native-inputs need to be cleaned up some, but for our purposes I think
just removing the native-inputs field completely from 1.17 should try to
make go-1.17 build with gccgo. Then try to build [email-masked].

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted