Subject: bug#5667: 23.1.93; cursor movement in Korean text is slow with xfonts-baekmuk

From: Jae-hyeon Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:44:34 +0200

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen, on 2011-09-18 14:15 +0200, said:

> Jae-hyeon Park <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I found a workaround or a possible fix.  The slowdown goes away if I
>> add to font-encoding-alist an entry for the registry ksx1001.1998.  A
>> patch is attached.
>>
>> --- emacs-23.1.94.orig/lisp/international/fontset.el	2010-03-11 03:20:33.000000000 +0100
>> +++ emacs-23.1.94/lisp/international/fontset.el	2010-03-27 17:16:47.681744851 +0100
>> @@ -59,6 +59,7 @@
>>  	("jisx0208" . japanese-jisx0208)
>>  	("jisx0201" . jisx0201)
>>  	("jisx0212" . japanese-jisx0212)
>> +	("ksx1001" . korean-ksc5601)
>>  	("ksc5601.1987" . korean-ksc5601)
>
> As far as I can tell, this patch was never applied.  Was it forgotten,
> or was it the wrong solution?

If you ask me, I don't know.  I am not an emacs developer.  In my
opinion, adding the ksx1001 entry is not a totally bad idea since it
supersedes ksc5601 or at least the name was changed so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS_X_1001

PS
Do you speak Korean?  ;-)

Cheers,
Jae-hyeon