Subject: Re: [bug#56664] [PATCH] gnu: Add qtscrcpy.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 15:48:28 +0200

On 20-07-2022 15:20, phodina via Guix-patches via wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch adds support for screen mirroring Android phones on the 
> desktops.
>
> There are 2 remarks:
>
>  1. The Android part scrcpy-server is prebuild due to Guix not
>     supporting gradle and Android builds. Without this the tool does
>     not work.
>
OK, though then this is a draft patch that's blocked by supporting 
gradle and Android; Guix is a build-from-source distro (there are some 
bootstrap seeds, but the idea is to reduce them, not enlarge them).

Someone else has been looking into supporting Android (something about a 
longsoon-build-system), maybe you can test that, and I don't know if 
anyone has been looking at addressing the gradle problems.

Also, from a cursory look, I'm not seeing gradle there and neither am I 
seeing Android builds, maybe all that's needed is adding the adb package 
(which is packaged in Guix), no gradle or Android support needed, or I 
didn't look in the right places?

>  I've currently hardcoded the x86 architecture in the install phase. 
> Not sure how to make it architecture agnostic.

When building from source this is usually automatic, though I don't know 
if this applies to Gradle.

Also, why are tests disabled?

> NOT require

We are not restricted to plain text in descriptions, you can use Texinfo 
markup like @emph.

Greetings,
Maxime.