Subject: [bug#56663] [PATCH 24/24]: gnu: just: New package.

From: Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 15:35:50 +0000

>On 20-07-2022 14:22, Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ via Guix-patches via >wrote:
>> Empty Message

>https://github.com/casey/temptree

An error on my side. Did not attach the patch (ProtonMail doesn't support
SMTP in order to use git send-email, I'm still porting their bridge program
to GNU Guix).

>Why are all these tests skipped?

Most of these tests are tests specific to test shebang code, but are hard
coded to use `#!/usr/bin/env <whatever>', some of these tests could be
changed though. Didn't make patches for that because of the added
maintenance effort but will do so.

>FWIW, I can confirm I got the same hash in some code I haven't submitted
yet (antioxidant).

Would be great if upstreamed to GNU Guix and one less patch on this
series :-).

And great work on antioxidant, tried to make each crate on this
patch series build-able so in the future switching/using
antioxidant-build-system is easier. I have also started to test various
crates to remove `#:skip-build? #f' as much as possible from
gnu/packages/crates-io.scm.

>+                `(substitute* "Cargo.toml"
>+                   ;; Relax quote version.
>+                   (("1\\.0\\.10") "1")))))
>
>Nice, though ` -> ' or #~ will do.

Thought of using G-Expressions but as it isn't used on crates-io.scm yet
didn't want to change the convention there. Would be you okay if I use '?

>[rust-cradle-0.2]
>
>+    (inputs
>+      (list coreutils
>+            which
>
>AFAICT coreutils, which and xxd aren't used.

Are required by the tests which is why I added these packages.

These are mostly used on documentation tests but the author of
the crate did not mark these as no_run so they run on the 'check
phase, and there's no easy way to disable documentation tests
or skip specific ones. I'll try to make some patches to make
some of these tests to not run.

Thanks for the review!

Will update accordingly.

—
Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ