Subject: Re: bug#56653: 29.0.50; S-SPC is treated as SPC in pgtk

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 19:12:48 +0800

forcemerge 56653 53320
thanks

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Everything below is additionally checked with emacs -Q.
>
> `C-h k M-S-SPC` show M-SPC (translated from M-S-SPC) runs the command
> just-one-space. (works as expected).
>
> `C-h k S-SPC` shows SPC runs the command self-insert-command, but I
> expected to see (traslated from S-SPC).
>
> In non-pgtk emacs28 it works as expected (says translated from S-SPC).

This is a duplicate of bug#53200 and countless others.  The Shift key
will not be reported correctly in keyboard events until input method
developers fix their thing, or you turn the input method off (how to do
so is documented in etc/PROBLEMS), so reporting bugs to Emacs will not
solve anything in particular.

(It is also wholely unrelated to the issue with Super key support on
non-GNOME compositors.)