Subject: bug#5665: 23.1; VC commands fail when the version control back end is SCCS

From: "Ron Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:13:07 +0000

I can't send mail from the host system, so I used report-emacs-bug to
generate a mail which I've copied below.

From: "RON MITCHELL (UNIVERSE USER)" <rmitchel@tntcg004>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.1; VC commands fail when the version control back end is
SCCS
--text follows this line--

I'm running emacs on HP-UX.  

Our SCCS repository is under location /common, as set in the environment
variable PROJECTDIR:
$ env | grep PROJECTDIR
PROJECTDIR=/common
$ 

I create a file called 'myfile' in the current directory.  It is not yet
registered to SCCS.

I visit the file.

Attempt to register the file with C-x v v
-----------------------------------------

It fails. There is an error message shown in the *vc* buffer:  
ERROR: missing file arg (cm3)

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Running sccs admin -r1.1 -fb
-imyfile -y ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)")
  signal(error ("Running sccs admin -r1.1 -fb -imyfile -y
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)"))
  error("Running %s...FAILED (%s)" "sccs admin -r1.1 -fb -imyfile -y
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile" "status 1")
  vc-do-command("*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "admin" "-r1.1"
  "-fb" "-imyfile" "-y")
  apply(vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "admin"
  ("-r1.1" "-fb" "-imyfile" "-y"))
  vc-sccs-do-command(nil 0 "admin" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "-r1.1" "-fb"
  "-imyfile" "-y")
  apply(vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "admin" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "-r1.1"
  "-fb" "-imyfile" "-y" nil)
  (let ((vc-name ...)) (apply (quote vc-sccs-do-command) nil 0 "admin"
  vc-name (and rev ... ...) "-fb" (concat "-i" ...) (and comment ...)
  (vc-switches ... ...)))
  (let* ((dirname ...) (basename ...) (project-file ...)) (let (...)
  (apply ... nil 0 "admin" vc-name ... "-fb" ... ... ...)) (delete-file
  file) (if vc-keep-workfiles (vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "get" ...)))
  (while --cl-dolist-temp-- (setq file (car --cl-dolist-temp--)) (let*
  (... ... ...) (let ... ...) (delete-file file) (if vc-keep-workfiles
  ...)) (setq --cl-dolist-temp-- (cdr --cl-dolist-temp--)))
  (let ((--cl-dolist-temp-- files) file) (while --cl-dolist-temp-- (setq
  file ...) (let* ... ... ... ...) (setq --cl-dolist-temp-- ...)) nil)
  (catch (quote --cl-block-nil--) (let (... file) (while
  --cl-dolist-temp-- ... ... ...) nil))
  (cl-block-wrapper (catch (quote --cl-block-nil--) (let ... ... nil)))
  (block nil (let (... file) (while --cl-dolist-temp-- ... ... ...)
  nil))
  (dolist (file files) (let* (... ... ...) (let ... ...) (delete-file
  file) (if vc-keep-workfiles ...)))
  vc-sccs-register(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  apply(vc-sccs-register (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" ""))
  vc-call-backend(SCCS register ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  #[(G54700 G54701 files rev comment) "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"]
6](--files-- --backend-- ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  apply(#[(G54700 G54701 files rev comment) "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ  
  JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"] 6]
--files-- --backend-- (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" ""))
  (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ   
  JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"] 6]
(quote --files--) (quote --backend--)
--cl-rest--))(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  vc-finish-logentry(t)
  vc-start-logentry(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" t nil "Enter initial
  comment." "*VC-log*" (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[...
  "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ        JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"] 6]
(quote --files--) (quote --backend--) --cl-rest--)))
  vc-register(nil (SCCS ("/home/rmitchel/myfile")
  ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") unregistered nil))
  vc-next-action(nil)
  call-interactively(vc-next-action nil nil)

Outside emacs I check in the file manually to SCCS, using "sccs create
myfile".

Re-visit the file in emacs.  Do C-x v l (vc-print-log)
------------------------------------------------------
Fails.

In buffer *vc-change-log*:
ERROR: missing file arg (cm3)

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Running sccs prs
../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)")
  signal(error ("Running sccs prs ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED
  (status 1)"))
  error("Running %s...FAILED (%s)" "sccs prs ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile"
  "status 1")
  vc-do-command("*vc-change-log*" 0 "sccs" ("/common/SCCS/s.myfile")
  "prs")
  apply(vc-do-command "*vc-change-log*" 0 "sccs"
  ("/common/SCCS/s.myfile") "prs" nil)
  vc-sccs-do-command("*vc-change-log*" 0 "prs"
  ("/common/SCCS/s.myfile"))
  vc-sccs-print-log(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "*vc-change-log*")
  apply(vc-sccs-print-log (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "*vc-change-log*"))
  vc-call-backend(SCCS print-log ("/home/rmitchel/myfile")
  "*vc-change-log*")
  vc-print-log()
  call-interactively(vc-print-log nil nil)
  recursive-edit()
  byte-code("Æ    @Ç=ƒ! ÈÉÊ\"ˆËÉ!‰A@)¢Ì=ƒ! ÈÍÊ\"ˆÎ!ˆÏ ˆÐ     !ˆ\fƒd
  Ñed\"
VƒW ebˆÒ
¥yˆ`dbˆÒ
¥
Zyˆ`|ˆ)ÓcˆebˆÔÕÖ \"ˆ×Æ!ˆÔØ!ˆÙÊÔØ!ˆŠÚ ˆ+Ù‡" [unread-command-char
debugger-args x debugger-buffer noninteractive debugger-batch-max-lines
-1 debug backtrace-debug 4 t backtrace-frame lambda 5 pop-to-buffer
debugger-mode debugger-setup-buffer count-lines 2 "...\n" message "%s"
buffer-string kill-emacs "" nil recursive-edit middlestart
buffer-read-only standard-output] 4)
  debug(error (error "Running sccs admin -r1.1 -fb -imyfile -y
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)"))
  signal(error ("Running sccs admin -r1.1 -fb -imyfile -y
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)"))
  error("Running %s...FAILED (%s)" "sccs admin -r1.1 -fb -imyfile -y
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile" "status 1")
  vc-do-command("*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "admin" "-r1.1"
  "-fb" "-imyfile" "-y")
  apply(vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "admin"
  ("-r1.1" "-fb" "-imyfile" "-y"))
  vc-sccs-do-command(nil 0 "admin" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "-r1.1" "-fb"
  "-imyfile" "-y")
  apply(vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "admin" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "-r1.1"
  "-fb" "-imyfile" "-y" nil)
  (let ((vc-name ...)) (apply (quote vc-sccs-do-command) nil 0 "admin"
  vc-name (and rev ... ...) "-fb" (concat "-i" ...) (and comment ...)
  (vc-switches ... ...)))
  (let* ((dirname ...) (basename ...) (project-file ...)) (let (...)
  (apply ... nil 0 "admin" vc-name ... "-fb" ... ... ...)) (delete-file
  file) (if vc-keep-workfiles (vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "get" ...)))
  (while --cl-dolist-temp-- (setq file (car --cl-dolist-temp--)) (let*
  (... ... ...) (let ... ...) (delete-file file) (if vc-keep-workfiles
  ...)) (setq --cl-dolist-temp-- (cdr --cl-dolist-temp--)))
  (let ((--cl-dolist-temp-- files) file) (while --cl-dolist-temp-- (setq
  file ...) (let* ... ... ... ...) (setq --cl-dolist-temp-- ...)) nil)
  (catch (quote --cl-block-nil--) (let (... file) (while
  --cl-dolist-temp-- ... ... ...) nil))
  (cl-block-wrapper (catch (quote --cl-block-nil--) (let ... ... nil)))
  (block nil (let (... file) (while --cl-dolist-temp-- ... ... ...)
  nil))
  (dolist (file files) (let* (... ... ...) (let ... ...) (delete-file
  file) (if vc-keep-workfiles ...)))
  vc-sccs-register(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  apply(vc-sccs-register (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" ""))
  vc-call-backend(SCCS register ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  #[(G54700 G54701 files rev comment) "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"]
6](--files-- --backend-- ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  apply(#[(G54700 G54701 files rev comment) "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ  
  JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"] 6]
--files-- --backend-- (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" ""))
  (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ   
  JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"] 6]
(quote --files--) (quote --backend--)
--cl-rest--))(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" "")
  vc-finish-logentry(t)
  vc-start-logentry(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") "1.1" t nil "Enter initial
  comment." "*VC-log*" (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[...
  "ÆÇJ\"ˆÈÉJ\"ˆÊ        JËJ\n%ˆJÌ‰ƒ0 
@Í\fÎ   J#ˆ
A‰„ *ÆÏJ\"‡" [G54700 G54701 rev comment file --cl-dolist-temp--
message "Registering %s... " mapc vc-file-clearprops vc-call-backend
register nil vc-file-setprop vc-backend "Registering %s... done"] 6]
(quote --files--) (quote --backend--) --cl-rest--)))
  vc-register(nil (SCCS ("/home/rmitchel/myfile")
  ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") unregistered nil))
  vc-next-action(nil)
  call-interactively(vc-next-action nil nil)

Attempt to check out the file for editing with C-x v v
------------------------------------------------------
It fails.

In buffer *vc*:
ERROR: missing file arg (cm3)

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Running sccs get -e 
../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)")
  signal(error ("Running sccs get -e 
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)"))
  error("Running %s...FAILED (%s)" "sccs get -e 
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile" "status 1")
  vc-do-command("*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "get" "-e" nil)
  apply(vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "get"
  ("-e" nil))
  vc-sccs-do-command(nil 0 "get" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "-e" nil)
  apply(vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "get" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "-e" nil
  nil)
  (save-excursion (setq default-directory (file-name-directory file))
  (and rev (or ... ...) (setq rev nil)) (apply (quote
  vc-sccs-do-command) nil 0 "get" (vc-name file) (if editable "-e") (and
  rev ...) switches))
  (let ((default-directory default-directory)) (save-excursion (setq
  default-directory ...) (and rev ... ...) (apply ... nil 0 "get" ...
  ... ... switches)))
  (save-excursion (if file-buffer (set-buffer file-buffer)) (setq
  switches (vc-switches ... ...)) (let (...) (save-excursion ... ...
  ...)))
  (let ((file-buffer ...) switches) (message "Checking out %s..." file)
  (save-excursion (if file-buffer ...) (setq switches ...) (let ...
  ...)) (message "Checking out %s...done" file))
  (if (file-directory-p file) (mapc (quote vc-sccs-checkout)
  (vc-expand-dirs ...)) (let (... switches) (message "Checking out
  %s..." file) (save-excursion ... ... ...) (message "Checking out
  %s...done" file)))
  vc-sccs-checkout("/home/rmitchel/myfile" t nil)
  apply(vc-sccs-checkout ("/home/rmitchel/myfile" t nil))
  vc-call-backend(SCCS checkout "/home/rmitchel/myfile" t nil)
  byte-code("ÄÅ   \n%‡" [backend file writable rev vc-call-backend
  checkout] 6)
  vc-checkout("/home/rmitchel/myfile" t)
  vc-next-action(nil)
  call-interactively(vc-next-action nil nil)

Outside emacs check out the file manually (sccs edit myfile). Make a
change.  

Back in emacs attempt to check back in with C-x v v
---------------------------------------------------
It fails.

In buffer *vc*:
ERROR: missing file arg (cm3)

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error #("Running sccs delta  -ySecond
version
 ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)" 22 36 (fontified t) 36
 37 (fontified t)))
  signal(error (#("Running sccs delta  -ySecond version\n
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 1)" 22 36 (fontified t) 36
  37 (fontified t))))
  error("Running %s...FAILED (%s)" #("sccs delta  -ySecond version\n
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile" 14 28 (fontified t) 28 29 (fontified t))
  "status 1")
  vc-do-command("*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "delta" nil
  #("-ySecond version\n" 2 16 (fontified t) 16 17 (fontified t)))
  apply(vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "sccs" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" "delta"
  (nil #("-ySecond version\n" 2 16 (fontified t) 16 17 (fontified t))))
  vc-sccs-do-command(nil 0 "delta" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" nil
  #("-ySecond version\n" 2 16 (fontified t) 16 17 (fontified t)))
  apply(vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "delta" "/common/SCCS/s.myfile" nil
  #("-ySecond version\n" 2 16 (fontified t) 16 17 (fontified t)) nil)
  (while --cl-dolist-temp-- (setq file (car --cl-dolist-temp--)) (apply
  (quote vc-sccs-do-command) nil 0 "delta" (vc-name file) (if rev ...)
  (concat "-y" comment) (vc-switches ... ...)) (if vc-keep-workfiles
  (vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "get" ...)) (setq --cl-dolist-temp-- (cdr
  --cl-dolist-temp--)))
  (let ((--cl-dolist-temp-- ...) file) (while --cl-dolist-temp-- (setq
  file ...) (apply ... nil 0 "delta" ... ... ... ...) (if
  vc-keep-workfiles ...) (setq --cl-dolist-temp-- ...)) nil)
  (catch (quote --cl-block-nil--) (let (... file) (while
  --cl-dolist-temp-- ... ... ... ...) nil))
  (cl-block-wrapper (catch (quote --cl-block-nil--) (let ... ... nil)))
  (block nil (let (... file) (while --cl-dolist-temp-- ... ... ... ...)
  nil))
  (dolist (file (vc-expand-dirs files)) (apply (quote
  vc-sccs-do-command) nil 0 "delta" (vc-name file) (if rev ...) (concat
  "-y" comment) (vc-switches ... ...)) (if vc-keep-workfiles
  (vc-sccs-do-command nil 0 "get" ...)))
  vc-sccs-checkin(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil #("Second version\n" 0
  14 (fontified t) 14 15 (fontified t)))
  apply(vc-sccs-checkin (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil #("Second
  version\n" 0 14 (fontified t) 14 15 (fontified t))))
  vc-call-backend(SCCS checkin ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil #("Second
  version\n" 0 14 (fontified t) 14 15 (fontified t)))
  #[(G54702 files rev comment) "ÆÇÈ!\"ˆ     ƒ ÉÊ     \"„ ËÌCÍJÎ\f
     %ˆÏÐ\"ˆÑ‰ƒv @ÒÓÔÕ
!8BÖBBÑ‰ƒl @‰@‰\n>„b ×Ø
\"A#ˆ)A‰„F *A‰„. +ÆÙÈ!\"‡" [files comment
vc-touched-properties G54702 rev file message "Checking in %s..."
vc-delistify string-match "[^      \n ]" "*** empty log message ***" t
vc-call-backend checkin mapc vc-delete-automatic-version-backups nil
(vc-state . up-to-date) vc-checkout-time 5 file-attributes (...) put
intern "Checking in %s...done" --cl-dolist-temp-- setting
--cl-dolist-temp-- property vc-file-prop-obarray] 7](--backend--
("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil #("Second version\n" 0 14 (fontified t) 14
15 (fontified t)))
  apply(#[(G54702 files rev comment) "ÆÇÈ!\"ˆ       ƒ ÉÊ     \"„
  ËÌCÍJÎ\f    %ˆÏÐ\"ˆÑ‰ƒv @ÒÓÔÕ
!8BÖBBÑ‰ƒl @‰@‰\n>„b ×Ø
\"A#ˆ)A‰„F *A‰„. +ÆÙÈ!\"‡" [files comment
vc-touched-properties G54702 rev file message "Checking in %s..."
vc-delistify string-match "[^      \n ]" "*** empty log message ***" t
vc-call-backend checkin mapc vc-delete-automatic-version-backups nil
(vc-state . up-to-date) vc-checkout-time 5 file-attributes (...) put
intern "Checking in %s...done" --cl-dolist-temp-- setting
--cl-dolist-temp-- property vc-file-prop-obarray] 7] --backend--
(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil #("Second version\n" 0 14 (fontified t)
14 15 (fontified t))))
  (lambda (&rest --cl-rest--) (apply #[... "ÆÇÈ!\"ˆ ƒ ÉÊ     \"„
  ËÌCÍJÎ\f    %ˆÏÐ\"ˆÑ‰ƒv @ÒÓÔÕ
!8BÖBBÑ‰ƒl @‰@‰\n>„b ×Ø
\"A#ˆ)A‰„F *A‰„. +ÆÙÈ!\"‡" [files comment
vc-touched-properties G54702 rev file message "Checking in %s..."
vc-delistify string-match "[^      \n ]" "*** empty log message ***" t
vc-call-backend checkin mapc vc-delete-automatic-version-backups nil ...
vc-checkout-time 5 file-attributes ... put intern "Checking in
%s...done" --cl-dolist-temp-- setting --cl-dolist-temp-- property
vc-file-prop-obarray] 7] (quote --backend--)
--cl-rest--))(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil #("Second version\n" 0 14
(fontified t) 14 15 (fontified t)))
  vc-finish-logentry()
  call-interactively(vc-finish-logentry)
  log-edit-done()
  call-interactively(log-edit-done nil nil)

Attempt to show differences with C-x v = (vc-diff)
-------------------------------------------------
Fails.

In buffer *vc-diff*:
ERROR: missing file arg (cm3)

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Running vcdiff -q   -b
../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 2)")
  signal(error ("Running vcdiff -q   -b
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile...FAILED (status 2)"))
  error("Running %s...FAILED (%s)" "vcdiff -q   -b
  ../../common/SCCS/s.myfile" "status 2")
  vc-do-command("*vc-diff*" 1 "vcdiff" ("/common/SCCS/s.myfile") "-q"
  nil nil "-b")
  apply(vc-do-command "*vc-diff*" 1 "vcdiff" ("/common/SCCS/s.myfile")
  ("-q" nil nil "-b"))
  vc-sccs-diff(("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil nil "*vc-diff*")
  apply(vc-sccs-diff (("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil nil "*vc-diff*"))
  vc-call-backend(SCCS diff ("/home/rmitchel/myfile") nil nil
  "*vc-diff*")
  vc-diff-internal(t (SCCS ("/home/rmitchel/myfile")) nil nil t)
  vc-diff(nil t)
  call-interactively(vc-diff nil nil)

Preliminary Diagnosis
---------------------

It seems to me that emacs is attempting to run the SCCS front-end
command, sccs(1), against the repository filename,
'/common/SCCS/s.myfile', instead of against the plain filename
'myfile' as required.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11)
 of 2010-02-22 on tntcg004
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/develop/local' '--with-x=no'
'CC=cc''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
. RET C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n RET RET C-x C-s 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p ESC x r e p o r t - e m 
a c s - b u g RET

Recent messages:
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [45 times]
Auto-saving...done
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [165 times]
Auto-saving...done
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [187 times]
Auto-saving...done
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [41 times]
Saving file /home/rmitchel/working/emacs/bug-report.txt...
Wrote /home/rmitchel/working/emacs/bug-report.txt
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [434 times]