Subject: bug#56639: 29.0.50; Encounter void-function loaddefs-generate

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 10:35:08 -0500

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 7:37 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Corwin Brust <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Yes, I will release a new snapshot once I understand (and resolve) the
> > problem with them.
>
> And reading the thread on emacs-devel, it seems like the problem is not
> gone in the new snapshop package, so I'm closing this bug report.

I agree, closing is TRT here.

I created a new snapshot build yesterday and it does not appear to
have this issue; I'll do some more testing before I upload but, in all
probably a new snapshot from master should be available from the alpha
FTP site within around 12 hours.  (git rev-parse HEAD =>
15f42f193ba85489ee2a1e4406dae7944eee97b8)

> But setting up a mail filter to redirect messages CC's to
> @debbugs.gnu.org to a special mail folder should probably be easy enough
> (looks like you're using Gmail)?

I managed to do that and yes, it does seem to be helping.  (You are
correct: I have gmail "gather" from my various email accounts and most
often reply using the Gmail web UX.)

Thank you, Lars.