Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add asli.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 16:21:51 +0200

Hello,

"Paul A. Patience" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> ASLI optionally depends on mmg, which I discovered a Guix package for in
> the Guix HPC project [1], and for which you seem to be the point of
> contact.

Right!

> I'd like to add mmg to Guix, first to eventually be able to drop ASLI's
> bundled version (although I can't get ASLI to build with mmg yet) and
> second because I have looked into mmg recently and may want to use it
> myself.

Makes sense to me.

> Is it just a question of moving the package over to Guix verbatim?
> I tried that and it compiled correctly.

Sure, I guess you can copy it verbatim, tweaking the description
(removing “open source”, fixing the first sentence.)

TIA!

Ludo’.