Subject: Re: [bug#56604] [PATCH 0/8] Update Clojure to 1.11.1.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 17:11:31 +0200

> This phase makes sure the timestamp of compiled class files is set to
a later
> point in time than the timestamp of the corresponding Clojure source
files. If

Please check that this doesn't create reproducibility issues if you
haven't
already (I haven't looked at the related patches.)

r0man schreef op za 16-07-2022 om 20:17 [+0200]:
> Are we sure that AOT compiling all Clojure source files by default is
> a good
> idea, instead of just compiling user declared namespaces which
> Leiningen and
> friends are doing? WDYT?

I think it's a good idea for the same reason that incremental
compilation is good
and the current Rust packaging is bad,  but I realise this is not
supported in general
for Clojure so we might often need to disable it.

Anyway, possibly related previous e-mails:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53765#47 and other AOT mails

> +       '(;; Disabled AOT, because of failing test: No implementation
> of
> +         ;; method: :conj-flat of protocol:
> +         ;; #'instaparse.auto-flatten-seq/ConjFlat found for class:
> +         ;; instaparse.auto_flatten_seq.AutoFlattenSeq

It had been suggested that disabling AOT for test files sometimes is
sufficient, is this the case here?

Greetongs,
Maxime.