Subject: Re: bug#56581: 1.3.0 F1 reboot bug

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 23:22:17 +0200

Hi again!

Peter 写道：
> On the 1.3.0 image, F1 to reboot just locks up the computer with 
> a black screen. Necessary to hold down power button to 
> force-power-off computer
> to restart it.

Ouch.  Thanks for taking the time to report this bug.

> Using the GUIX snapshot image does not have this issue, reboot 
> works normally with the later image.

Unfortunately, the 1.3.0 image is just as much of a ‘snapshot’, 
although it was tested and presumably rebooted some (most?) 
hardware at the time.

It does not receive backported fixes or updates.  That would 
require volunteer effort we currently lack.  The good news is that 
the next (1.4.0) installer will equally be a tested snapshot of 
master, and hence should contain whatever fix makes the ‘latest’ 
ISO reboot properly for you.

Since there's nothing actionable to ‘fix’ within our current 
release workflow, I'm closing this bug, although does illustrate 
one weakness in said workflow.

Kind regards,

T G-R