Subject: bug#56577: Logo reuse

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 23:46:40 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Thanks. It is commercial with a negligible margin at present.

That is nonetheless commercial.  That means we will need to think
about what our policy should be.

                                                                  Two shirts 
  > with different logos from GNU software projects related shirts. For the 
  > other logo, the artist has given permission and is trying to make a 
  > store for their artwork.

We need to treat these two products (and two images) separately.

For the second image, for which the artist gave permission, I think
that is between you and the artist.

Could you please show me the first image?  The one where you didn't get
permission from the artist?  Or at least, tell me its URL so I can look?

You also mentioned the dog cartoon, but you didn't say clearly how
that relates to these shirts.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)