Subject: bug#56577: Logo reuse

From: Benson Muite <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 12:49:33 +0300

> If you want to make one shirt, and not commercially, I don't think you
> need to worry about any legal issues about the image.
> 
> The artists might appreciate being credited on the shirt.
> 
Thanks. It is commercial with a negligible margin at present. Two shirts 
with different logos from GNU software projects related shirts. For the 
other logo, the artist has given permission and is trying to make a 
store for their artwork.

If it works out well, we hope to be able to make more for the Kenyan, 
and wider African markets.

The image at [0] has a nice attribution, is not suitable for embroidery, 
but might work well as direct to garment or direct to film printing for 
t-shirts for the FSF store[1], and ideally affiliate stores in other 
regions if this is possible.

0) https://www.gnu.org/graphics/dog.html
1) https://shop.fsf.org/