Subject: bug#56573: 29.0.50; Cannot yank any more from X selection

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 06:47:28 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> [2022-07-15 15:28]:
> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I am observing that what I mark with mouse in XTerm I cannot any more
> > paste into Emacs by using M-y. Let us say, it worked always without
> > problems. Recently, like last month, I am observing that it does not
> > work always.
> >
> > But now I observe I cannot at all paste it into minibuffer.
> 
> Do you have
> 
> 	(setq select-enable-primary t)
> 	(setq select-enable-clipboard nil)

Yes, I have it. When I start Emacs it starts working normally, after a
while, it loses itself. It does not work.

I mark text in XTerm and try to insert with third mouse button, even
that does not work. Trying to insert in minibuffer becomes impossible.

But then again, it comes sometimes again, and starts working.

It is hard to find out under which conditions it stops working. But
then it becomes so annoying as it gives problems in work.

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/