Subject: bug#56556: closed (Re: texlive-babel-dutch with and without texlive-hyphen-dutch: No hyphenation patterns were preloaded)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2024 23:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56556: texlive-babel-dutch with and without texlive-hyphen-dutch: No hyphenation patterns were preloaded

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56556: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56556
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: texlive-babel-dutch with and without texlive-hyphen-dutch: No hyphenation patterns were preloaded
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>, Remco van 't Veer <[email-masked]>, Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>, Emmanuel Beffara <[email-masked]>, Wicki Gabriel <[email-masked]>, Ludovic CourtÃ¨s <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2024 01:20:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> Argh!  I am just annoyed by this bug too; and again and again.  How to
> make progress?

I'm closing this, as this issue has been fixed some time ago.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

Subject: texlive-babel-dutch with and without texlive-hyphen-dutch: No hyphenation patterns were preloaded
From: Remco van 't Veer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 16:13:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Neither texlive-babel-dutch nor texlive-hyphen-dutch load hyphenation.

Test document:

  \documentclass{article}
  \usepackage[dutch]{babel}
  \begin{document}
  test
  \end{document}

Running with texlive-babel-dutch only:

  $ guix shell --pure texlive-base texlive-babel-dutch -- pdflatex test.tex
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.22 (TeX Live 2021/GNU Guix) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  (./test.tex
  LaTeX2e <2020-10-01> patch level 4
  L3 programming layer <2021-02-18> (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
  Document Class: article 2020/04/10 v1.4m Standard LaTeX document class
  (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.def (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/config/language.def) (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/txtbabel.def)) (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel-dutch/dutch.ldf

  Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were preloaded for
  (babel)                the language `Dutch' into the format.
  (babel)                Please, configure your TeX system to add them and
  (babel)                rebuild the format. Now I will use the patterns
  (babel)                preloaded for \language=0 instead on input line 49.

  )) (/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/l3backend/l3backend-pdftex.def) (./test.aux) [1{/gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./test.aux) ) </gnu/store/1p55mddnasba5xq2vcnzyc8wjywn4cwn-profile/share/texmf-dist/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm/dpi600/cmr10.pk>
  Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 2226 bytes).
  Transcript written on test.log.

With texlive-hyphen-dutch included:

  $ guix shell --pure texlive-base texlive-babel-dutch texlive-hyphen-dutch -- pdflatex test.tex
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.22 (TeX Live 2021/GNU Guix) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  (./test.tex
  LaTeX2e <2020-10-01> patch level 4
  L3 programming layer <2021-02-18> (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
  Document Class: article 2020/04/10 v1.4m Standard LaTeX document class
  (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.def (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/config/language.def) (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/txtbabel.def)) (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel-dutch/dutch.ldf

  Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were preloaded for
  (babel)                the language `Dutch' into the format.
  (babel)                Please, configure your TeX system to add them and
  (babel)                rebuild the format. Now I will use the patterns
  (babel)                preloaded for \language=0 instead on input line 49.

  )) (/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/l3backend/l3backend-pdftex.def) (./test.aux) [1{/gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./test.aux) ) </gnu/store/c61c43w5c7dlz7ipxcqi4z385p3a4dzb-profile/share/texmf-dist/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm/dpi600/cmr10.pk>
  Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 2226 bytes).
  Transcript written on test.log.

Problem does not occur when using the complete TeX Live distribution:

  $ guix shell --pure texlive -- pdflatex test.tex
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.22 (TeX Live 2021/GNU Guix) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  (./test.tex
  LaTeX2e <2020-10-01> patch level 4
  L3 programming layer <2021-02-18>
  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
  Document Class: article 2020/04/10 v1.4m Standard LaTeX document class

  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty
  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.def
  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/generic/babel/txtbabel.def))
  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/generic/babel-dutch/dutch.ldf))
  (/gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf
  -dist/tex/latex/l3backend/l3backend-pdftex.def) (./test.aux) [1{/gnu/store/lgkf
  z7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbvx1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf-dist/fonts/map/
  pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./test.aux) )</gnu/store/lgkfz7wg59sg81zlf3xy7i7dbv
  x1fvyp-texlive-texmf-20210325/share/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/c
  mr10.pfb>
  Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 10613 bytes).
  Transcript written on test.log.

Am I doing something wrong?