Subject: Re: bug#56538: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Colored highlight in Lucid backend

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 15:17:54 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> We have the same general pattern (random_gc = random_opposite_gc) in
> most of the X code, so it is redundant IMHO.  But I won't insist.

Ok.  I can remove this comment then.

[...]

> Yes, that isn't expected to work, because Cairo is broken.  Also, you
> can't build Emacs with both Xft and Cairo, since they're mutually
> exclusive.

😅 sorry. So then "Xft + cairo" is just "cairo".

> Could you please describe how the colors are "not quite right"?

Here is how it look here™ on a PseudoColor Xephyr.  This is Cairo with a
bitmap font:

This Xft with the same font:

And for the record, here are the same with a vector font:

[...]

> Here and elsewhere new functions are added, the argument list should be
> reformatted to not place each argument on its own line.

FWIW, draw_shadow_rectangle, draw_shadow_rhombus… are already like that.

I'll do it but what are your recommandations?  Split at fill-colum +
indent?  Leave the old ones untouched?
-- 
Manuel Giraud