Subject: Re: bug#56535: 28.1; `no' and `no-ding' values for isearch-wrap-pause option (since Emacs 28.1) not working as documented

From: Arun V <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 22:52:49 +0530

Typing C-s over and over does wrap around at the end of the buffer.
But that shouldn't be the behaviour when isearch-wrap-pause is set to
`no' or `no-ding', right?

The following is an excerpt from the documentation I'm referring to
[https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Repeat-Isearch.html]

"You can control what happens when there are no more matches by
customizing the isearch-wrap-pause user option. If it is t (the
default), signal an error. (Repeating the search will wrap around.) If
no, issue a ding and wrap immediately after reaching the last match.
If no-ding, wrap immediately, but don’t ding. Finally, if nil, never
wrap, but just stop at the last match."

Please let me know if I'm missing anything here.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 at 22:29, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> [Please use Reply All to keep the bug tracker on the CC list.]
>
> > From: Arun V <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 21:32:08 +0530
> >
> > Hi Eli,
> >
> > Shall I share screenshots?
> > I'm able to reproduce this in plain vanilla emacs in Windows and Linux.
>
> There's no need to show a screenshot, I believe you.  It's just that I
> cannot reproduce the problem: typing C-s over and over wraps around at
> the end of the buffer and goes to the beginning.  So I wonder what is
> different on your system that makes this not work.

-- 
--
Thanks and regards,
Arunlal Venugopal