Subject: bug#56527: 28.1; Crash on macOS with magit

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 14:24:26 +0300

> From: Jonathan Mitchell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 18:27:11 -0500
> 
> My Emacs intermittently crashes on an M1 Mac while running a Magit
> command (e.g. M-x magit-status or M-x magit-fetch. It's difficult to
> always reproduce this since it is so rare, but I am usually running a
> Magit command when it happens.  I've attached a crash report from the
> built-in Console.app.

Thanks, but the information reported in the crash report is woefully
incomplete.  AFAICT, it says that find_interval crashed somewhere (it
doesn't tell on which line), and the cause of the crash was "Address
size fault".  It also says that this happened when Emacs tried to
insert some text into some buffer.

The way to provide more information is to run Emacs under a debugger,
and when it segfaults, collect the following information:

  . on which source line it crashes
  . which data causes the crash and why

Finding a reproducible recipe for the problem would also help.