Subject: bug#56527: 28.1; Crash on macOS with magit

From: Jonathan Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 18:27:11 -0500

My Emacs intermittently crashes on an M1 Mac while running a Magit
command (e.g. M-x magit-status or M-x magit-fetch. It's difficult to
always reproduce this since it is so rare, but I am usually running a
Magit command when it happens.  I've attached a crash report from the
built-in Console.app.

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, aarch64-apple-darwin21.4.0, NS
appkit-2113.40 Version 12.3.1 (Build 21E258))
 of 2022-04-21 built on Jonathans-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.4

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation CC=clang 'CFLAGS=-O2 -gdwarf-4
 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/gmp/include
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/webp/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/gmp/lib''

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE
NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/kyle/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220527.2213/transient hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail comp comp-cstr warnings subr-x cl-seq rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt xref project
ring rx cl-extra help-mode orderless paredit
display-fill-column-indicator modus-operandi-theme modus-themes cl-macs
savehist saveplace repeat recentf tree-widget wid-edit so-long cus-load
vertico seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv marginalia ls-lisp
jkm-ns gv pcase edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib jkm-startup info
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 213744 9546)
 (symbols 48 14491 1)
 (strings 32 40375 3366)
 (string-bytes 1 1743153)
 (vectors 16 22170)
 (vector-slots 8 420569 17986)
 (floats 8 93 33)
 (intervals 56 1316 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               Emacs [53099]
Path:                  /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
Identifier:            org.gnu.Emacs
Version:               Version 28.1 (9.0)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-07-12 13:24:51.6813 -0500
OS Version:            macOS 12.4 (21F79)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        54EA1CEF-3142-4446-085A-7996701D58F1

Sleep/Wake UUID:       1E260886-A959-4645-9450-2796037F0089

Time Awake Since Boot: 1300000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       14890 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000022
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000022
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Region Info: 0x22 is not in any region.  Bytes before following
region: 105553518919646
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE]
PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      UNUSED SPACE AT START
--->
      MALLOC_NANO (reserved)   600018000000-600020000000 [128.0M]
rw-/rwx SM=NUL  ...(unallocated)

Thread 0 Crashed::  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib               0x1bdae6d98 __pthread_kill + 8
1   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1bee0 pthread_kill + 288
2   libsystem_c.dylib                     0x1bda1e680 raise + 32
3   Emacs                                 0x100475418
terminate_due_to_signal + 204 (emacs.c:437)
4   Emacs                                 0x100475aa4 emacs_abort + 20
(sysdep.c:2282)
5   Emacs                                 0x100443d50 ns_term_shutdown
+ 144 (nsterm.m:5367)
6   Emacs                                 0x100334554 shut_down_emacs
+ 328 (emacs.c:2792)
7   Emacs                                 0x1004753e0
terminate_due_to_signal + 148 (emacs.c:420)
8   Emacs                                 0x100353848
handle_fatal_signal + 16 (sysdep.c:1762)
9   Emacs                                 0x1003538c4
deliver_thread_signal + 124 (sysdep.c:1754)
10  Emacs                                 0x100351dd4
deliver_fatal_thread_signal + 12 (sysdep.c:1774)
11  libsystem_platform.dylib             0x1bdb334a4 _sigtramp + 56
12  Emacs                                 0x10041dd18
adjust_intervals_for_insertion + 40 (intervals.c:817) [inlined]
13  Emacs                                 0x10041dd18 offset_intervals
+ 260 (intervals.c:1357)
14  Emacs                                 0x100360ea4
insert_from_string_1 + 576 (insdel.c:1063)
15  Emacs                                 0x100360c1c
insert_from_string + 48 (insdel.c:966)
16  Emacs                                 0x1003aab48
general_insert_function + 140 (editfns.c:1354) [inlined]
17  Emacs                                 0x1003aab48 Finsert + 160
(editfns.c:1390)
18  magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln        0x11479147c
F6d616769742d6c6f672d776173682d726576_magit_log_wash_rev_0 + 2620
19  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
20  Emacs                                 0x1003b8818 Fapply + 560 (eval.c:2653)
21  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
22  Emacs                                 0x1003fa71c exec_byte_code +
1852 (bytecode.c:632)
23  Emacs                                 0x1003b8bd4 Ffuncall + 616
24  magit-section-d4315781-9cc383f6.eln        0x10aa2d1fc
F6d616769742d776173682d73657175656e6365_magit_wash_sequence_0 + 92
25  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
26  magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln        0x11478fe10
F6d616769742d6c6f672d776173682d6c6f67_magit_log_wash_log_0 + 528
27  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
28  Emacs                                 0x1003b8818 Fapply + 560 (eval.c:2653)
29  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
30  Emacs                                 0x1003fa71c exec_byte_code +
1852 (bytecode.c:632)
31  Emacs                                 0x1003b8bd4 Ffuncall + 616
32  magit-git-d6a06d69-8896f5a1.eln        0x10bc44c7c
F6d616769742d6769742d77617368_magit_git_wash_0 + 284
33  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
34  magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln        0x11478f9e0
F6d616769742d696e736572742d6c6f67_magit_insert_log_0 + 1056
35  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
36  magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln        0x11478e92c
F6d616769742d6c6f672d726566726573682d627566666572_magit_log_refresh_buffer_0
+ 2188
37  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
38  magit-mode-f40bb2c9-c8a19a0d.eln        0x10bbb4228
F6d616769742d726566726573682d627566666572_magit_refresh_buffer_0 + 584
39  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
40  magit-mode-f40bb2c9-c8a19a0d.eln        0x10bbb3970
F6d616769742d72656672657368_magit_refresh_0 + 272
41  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
42  magit-process-88892e80-4f5ac83c.eln        0x10bbe0bfc
F6d616769742d70726f636573732d73656e74696e656c_magit_process_sentinel_0
+ 412
43  Emacs                                 0x1003b8c6c Ffuncall + 768
(eval.c:3023)
44  Emacs                                 0x1003b8818 Fapply + 560 (eval.c:2653)
45  Emacs                                 0x1003b3fd0 apply1 + 52 (eval.c:2869)
46  Emacs                                 0x1003b6eb0
internal_condition_case_1 + 280 (eval.c:1474)
47  Emacs                                 0x10040f22c exec_sentinel +
308 (process.c:7462)
48  Emacs                                 0x1004071c4 status_notify +
1436 (process.c:7554)
49  Emacs                                 0x10040cd98
wait_reading_process_output + 2148 (process.c:5376)
50  Emacs                                 0x10033d078
kbd_buffer_get_event + 684 [inlined]
51  Emacs                                 0x10033d078
read_event_from_main_queue + 896 (keyboard.c:2198) [inlined]
52  Emacs                                 0x10033d078
read_decoded_event_from_main_queue + 896 (keyboard.c:2262) [inlined]
53  Emacs                                 0x10033d078 read_char + 7764
(keyboard.c:2892)
54  Emacs                                 0x10033996c
read_key_sequence + 1540 (keyboard.c:9635)
55  Emacs                                 0x100338004 command_loop_1 +
1084 (keyboard.c:1392)
56  Emacs                                 0x1003b6d70
internal_condition_case + 272 (eval.c:1450)
57  Emacs                                 0x100337bb4 command_loop_2 +
52 (keyboard.c:1133)
58  Emacs                                 0x1003b632c internal_catch +
268 (eval.c:1181)
59  Emacs                                 0x10047572c
recursive_edit_1.cold.1 + 80 (keyboard.c:1111)
60  Emacs                                 0x1003373e4 command_loop + 4
(keyboard.c:1108) [inlined]
61  Emacs                                 0x1003373e4 recursive_edit_1
+ 268 (keyboard.c:720)
62  Emacs                                 0x10033758c Frecursive_edit
+ 388 (keyboard.c:803)
63  Emacs                                 0x10033696c main + 9156 (emacs.c:2354)
64  dyld                                 0x100bc908c start + 520

Thread 1:: gmain
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib               0x1bdae9598 __select + 8
1   libglib-2.0.0.dylib                   0x101131c74 g_poll + 424
2   libglib-2.0.0.dylib                   0x101124f10
g_main_context_iterate + 336
3   libglib-2.0.0.dylib                   0x101124fd8
g_main_context_iteration + 60
4   libglib-2.0.0.dylib                   0x10112641c glib_worker_main + 48
5   libglib-2.0.0.dylib                   0x101148cd4 g_thread_proxy + 68
6   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1c26c _pthread_start + 148
7   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1708c thread_start + 8

Thread 2:
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib               0x1bdae9598 __select + 8
1   Emacs                                 0x1004450c4 -[EmacsApp
fd_handler:] + 244 (nsterm.m:5873)
2   Foundation                           0x1beac363c __NSThread__start__ + 808
3   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1c26c _pthread_start + 148
4   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1708c thread_start + 8

Thread 3:: com.apple.NSEventThread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib               0x1bdade8b0 mach_msg_trap + 8
1   libsystem_kernel.dylib               0x1bdaded20 mach_msg + 76
2   CoreFoundation                       0x1bdbe92b0
__CFRunLoopServiceMachPort + 372
3   CoreFoundation                       0x1bdbe7760 __CFRunLoopRun + 1180
4   CoreFoundation                       0x1bdbe6b24 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 600
5   AppKit                               0x1c08ba374 _NSEventThread + 196
6   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1c26c _pthread_start + 148
7   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb1708c thread_start + 8

Thread 4:
0   libsystem_pthread.dylib               0x1bdb17078 start_wqthread + 0

Thread 0 crashed with ARM Thread State (64-bit):
    x0: 0x0000000000000000   x1: 0x0000000000000000   x2:
0x0000000000000000   x3: 0x00000001bd92b04c
    x4: 0x0000600000017e60   x5: 0x0000000000000000   x6:
0x0000000000000000   x7: 0x0000000000000012
    x8: 0x400851b566589347   x9: 0x400851b4669b56c7  x10:
0x0000000000000001  x11: 0x02000002164e696d
   x12: 0x00000000000001f4  x13: 0x00000000fe6001f3  x14:
0x00000000fe800800  x15: 0x0000000000000001
   x16: 0x0000000000000148  x17: 0x0000000217ba7680  x18:
0x0000000000000000  x19: 0x0000000000000006
   x20: 0x0000000100c3c580  x21: 0x0000000000000103  x22:
0x0000000100c3c660  x23: 0x0000000000002434
   x24: 0x400000000c000000  x25: 0x400000003f000000  x26:
0x0000000000000000  x27: 0x0000000000002434
   x28: 0x0000000000004ab1   fp: 0x000000016fb80960   lr: 0x00000001bdb1bee0
    sp: 0x000000016fb80940   pc: 0x00000001bdae6d98 cpsr: 0x40001000
   far: 0x0000000000000022  esr: 0x56000080  Address size fault

Binary Images:
       0x1bdadd000 -        0x1bdb14fff libsystem_kernel.dylib (*)
<03f48dc5-caa7-3678-af61-1a3c7fa8b06e>
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
       0x1bdb15000 -        0x1bdb21fff libsystem_pthread.dylib (*)
<42166a2c-89a9-3c38-a215-f028544cea23>
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_pthread.dylib
       0x1bd9dc000 -        0x1bda5dfff libsystem_c.dylib (*)
<86746b94-88e3-342d-b2b2-54303404e492>
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_c.dylib
       0x10027c000 -        0x1004b7fff org.gnu.Emacs (Version 28.1)
<a4b58c15-be0a-3353-aecf-7fe999011bc1>
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
       0x1bdb2f000 -        0x1bdb36fff libsystem_platform.dylib (*)
<d7aba99f-ba00-36e9-945d-48acf57fc568>
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib
       0x114788000 -        0x1147a3fff
magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln (*)
<a0540ef4-16f8-33aa-ad74-e3c71d19eef1>
/Users/USER/*/magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln
       0x10aa20000 -        0x10aa33fff
magit-section-d4315781-9cc383f6.eln (*)
<01947b4a-558d-3f98-86e4-a9c2c1be6c29>
/Users/USER/*/magit-section-d4315781-9cc383f6.eln
       0x10bc3c000 -        0x10bc63fff
magit-git-d6a06d69-8896f5a1.eln (*)
<eeee0383-456e-376e-825a-3e4872494f8f>
/Users/USER/*/magit-git-d6a06d69-8896f5a1.eln
       0x10bbac000 -        0x10bbbbfff
magit-mode-f40bb2c9-c8a19a0d.eln (*)
<71bd0fc4-dc95-327f-8dab-ffcce6d3ed8e>
/Users/USER/*/magit-mode-f40bb2c9-c8a19a0d.eln
       0x10bbd8000 -        0x10bbe7fff
magit-process-88892e80-4f5ac83c.eln (*)
<ebce5677-5c9f-31e6-8b15-73ec04938dce>
/Users/USER/*/magit-process-88892e80-4f5ac83c.eln
       0x100bc4000 -        0x100c23fff dyld (*)
<d9c2a46e-8dc4-3950-9d6a-f799e8ccb683> /usr/lib/dyld
       0x1010f0000 -        0x1011d3fff libglib-2.0.0.dylib (*)
<a15caf5c-5b16-3cdd-8eb4-1958818efb02>
/opt/homebrew/*/libglib-2.0.0.dylib
       0x1bea67000 -        0x1bee58fff com.apple.Foundation (6.9)
<a2e534d9-cdf0-397f-a41e-147559c83893>
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
       0x1bdb64000 -        0x1be0aafff com.apple.CoreFoundation (6.9)
<994db908-11a1-3e43-b7df-25c09d51368a>
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
       0x1c070c000 -        0x1c15c3fff com.apple.AppKit (6.9)
<a773dd23-b1c8-3c9b-9175-9a71d210ace0>
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
               0x0 - 0xffffffffffffffff ??? (*)
<00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000> ???

External Modification Summary:
  Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
    task_for_pid: 0
    thread_create: 0
    thread_set_state: 0
  Calls made by this process:
    task_for_pid: 0
    thread_create: 0
    thread_set_state: 0
  Calls made by all processes on this machine:
    task_for_pid: 6
    thread_create: 0
    thread_set_state: 2148

VM Region Summary:
ReadOnly portion of Libraries: Total=913.2M resident=0K(0%)
swapped_out_or_unallocated=913.2M(100%)
Writable regions: Total=1.6G written=0K(0%) resident=0K(0%)
swapped_out=0K(0%) unallocated=1.6G(100%)

                                VIRTUAL   REGION
REGION TYPE                        SIZE    COUNT (non-coalesced)
===========                     =======  =======
Accelerate framework               512K        4
Activity Tracing                   256K        1
CG backing stores                 2176K        4
CG image                           288K        9
ColorSync                          512K       25
CoreAnimation                      432K       10
CoreGraphics                        32K        2
CoreUI image data                 1344K        9
Foundation                          16K        1
Kernel Alloc Once                   32K        1
MALLOC                           290.3M       52
MALLOC guard page                  192K       10
MALLOC_MEDIUM (reserved)         960.0M        8         reserved VM
address space (unallocated)
MALLOC_NANO (reserved)           384.0M        1         reserved VM
address space (unallocated)
STACK GUARD                       54.5M        5
Stack                             11.7M        6
VM_ALLOCATE                        192K       12
__AUTH                            1917K      182
__AUTH_CONST                      11.3M      344
__CTF                               756        1
__DATA                            28.3M      706
__DATA_CONST                      17.4M      572
__DATA_DIRTY                       856K      116
__FONT_DATA                          4K        1
__LINKEDIT                       605.0M      319
__OBJC_CONST                      1759K      153
__OBJC_RO                         83.0M        1
__OBJC_RW                         3152K        1
__TEXT                           308.2M      676
__UNICODE                          592K        1
dyld private memory               1024K        1
mapped file                      175.0M       24
shared memory                      864K       15
===========                     =======  =======
TOTAL                              2.9G     3273
TOTAL, minus reserved VM space     1.6G     3273

-----------
Full Report
-----------

{"app_name":"Emacs","timestamp":"2022-07-12 13:24:54.00
-0500","app_version":"Version
28.1","slice_uuid":"a4b58c15-be0a-3353-aecf-7fe999011bc1","build_version":"9.0","platform":1,"bundleID":"org.gnu.Emacs","share_with_app_devs":0,"is_first_party":0,"bug_type":"309","os_version":"macOS
12.4 (21F79)","incident_id":"5A3B6696-0E2D-4601-A924-79197A2509F6","name":"Emacs"}
{
  "uptime" : 1300000,
  "procLaunch" : "2022-07-12 10:25:21.0112 -0500",
  "procRole" : "Foreground",
  "version" : 2,
  "userID" : 501,
  "deployVersion" : 210,
  "modelCode" : "MacBookAir10,1",
  "procStartAbsTime" : 31495653320825,
  "coalitionID" : 843,
  "osVersion" : {
    "train" : "macOS 12.4",
    "build" : "21F79",
    "releaseType" : "User"
  },
  "captureTime" : "2022-07-12 13:24:51.6813 -0500",
  "incident" : "5A3B6696-0E2D-4601-A924-79197A2509F6",
  "bug_type" : "309",
  "pid" : 53099,
  "procExitAbsTime" : 31754153448135,
  "translated" : false,
  "cpuType" : "ARM-64",
  "procName" : "Emacs",
  "procPath" : "\/Applications\/Emacs.app\/Contents\/MacOS\/Emacs",
  "bundleInfo" : {"CFBundleShortVersionString":"Version
28.1","CFBundleVersion":"9.0","CFBundleIdentifier":"org.gnu.Emacs"},
  "storeInfo" :
{"deviceIdentifierForVendor":"2343033A-E052-58A5-B051-56BBE10D3EA0","thirdParty":true},
  "parentProc" : "launchd",
  "parentPid" : 1,
  "coalitionName" : "org.gnu.Emacs",
  "crashReporterKey" : "54EA1CEF-3142-4446-085A-7996701D58F1",
  "wakeTime" : 14890,
  "sleepWakeUUID" : "1E260886-A959-4645-9450-2796037F0089",
  "sip" : "enabled",
  "vmRegionInfo" : "0x22 is not in any region.  Bytes before following
region: 105553518919646\n      REGION TYPE                    START -
END         [ VSIZE] PRT\/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL\n      UNUSED
SPACE AT START\n--->  \n      MALLOC_NANO (reserved)
600018000000-600020000000 [128.0M] rw-\/rwx SM=NUL  ...(unallocated)",
  "isCorpse" : 1,
  "exception" : {"codes":"0x0000000000000001,
0x0000000000000022","rawCodes":[1,34],"type":"EXC_BAD_ACCESS","signal":"SIGABRT","subtype":"KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS
at 0x0000000000000022"},
  "vmregioninfo" : "0x22 is not in any region.  Bytes before following
region: 105553518919646\n      REGION TYPE                    START -
END         [ VSIZE] PRT\/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL\n      UNUSED
SPACE AT START\n--->  \n      MALLOC_NANO (reserved)
600018000000-600020000000 [128.0M] rw-\/rwx SM=NUL  ...(unallocated)",
  "extMods" : {"caller":{"thread_create":0,"thread_set_state":0,"task_for_pid":0},"system":{"thread_create":0,"thread_set_state":2148,"task_for_pid":6},"targeted":{"thread_create":0,"thread_set_state":0,"task_for_pid":0},"warnings":0},
  "faultingThread" : 0,
  "threads" : [{"triggered":true,"id":11739199,"threadState":{"x":[{"value":0},{"value":0},{"value":0},{"value":7475474508,"symbolLocation":0,"symbol":"nanov2_free_definite_size"},{"value":105553116364384},{"value":0},{"value":0},{"value":18},{"value":4614027657789084487},{"value":4614027653498492615},{"value":1},{"value":144115197040028013,"symbolLocation":144115188075855877,"symbol":"OBJC_CLASS_$__CFXPreferences"},{"value":500},{"value":4267704819},{"value":4269803520},{"value":1},{"value":328},{"value":8988030592},{"value":0},{"value":6},{"value":4307797376,"symbolLocation":0,"symbol":"_main_thread"},{"value":259},{"value":4307797600,"symbolLocation":224,"symbol":"_main_thread"},{"value":9268},{"value":4611686018628714496},{"value":4611686019484352512},{"value":0},{"value":9268},{"value":19121}],"flavor":"ARM_THREAD_STATE64","lr":{"value":7477509856},"cpsr":{"value":1073745920},"fp":{"value":6169299296},"sp":{"value":6169299264},"esr":{"value":1442840704,"description":"
Address size fault"},"pc":{"value":7477292440,"matchesCrashFrame":1},"far":{"value":34}},"queue":"com.apple.main-thread","frames":[{"imageOffset":40344,"symbol":"__pthread_kill","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":0},{"imageOffset":28384,"symbol":"pthread_kill","symbolLocation":288,"imageIndex":1},{"imageOffset":272000,"symbol":"raise","symbolLocation":32,"imageIndex":2},{"imageOffset":2069528,"sourceLine":437,"sourceFile":"emacs.c","symbol":"terminate_due_to_signal","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":204},{"imageOffset":2071204,"sourceLine":2282,"sourceFile":"sysdep.c","symbol":"emacs_abort","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":20},{"imageOffset":1867088,"sourceLine":5367,"sourceFile":"nsterm.m","symbol":"ns_term_shutdown","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":144},{"imageOffset":755028,"sourceLine":2792,"sourceFile":"emacs.c","symbol":"shut_down_emacs","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":328},{"imageOffset":2069472,"sourceLine":420,"sourceFile":"emacs.c","symbol":"terminate_due_to_signal","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":148},{"imageOffset":882760,"sourceLine":1762,"sourceFile":"sysdep.c","symbol":"handle_fatal_signal","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":16},{"imageOffset":882884,"sourceLine":1754,"sourceFile":"sysdep.c","symbol":"deliver_thread_signal","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":124},{"imageOffset":875988,"sourceLine":1774,"sourceFile":"sysdep.c","symbol":"deliver_fatal_thread_signal","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":12},{"imageOffset":17572,"symbol":"_sigtramp","symbolLocation":56,"imageIndex":4},{"symbol":"adjust_intervals_for_insertion","inline":true,"imageIndex":3,"imageOffset":1711384,"symbolLocation":40,"sourceLine":817,"sourceFile":"intervals.c"},{"imageOffset":1711384,"sourceLine":1357,"sourceFile":"intervals.c","symbol":"offset_intervals","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":260},{"imageOffset":937636,"sourceLine":1063,"sourceFile":"insdel.c","symbol":"insert_from_string_1","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":576},{"imageOffset":936988,"sourceLine":966,"sourceFile":"insdel.c","symbol":"insert_from_string","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":48},{"symbol":"general_insert_function","inline":true,"imageIndex":3,"imageOffset":1239880,"symbolLocation":140,"sourceLine":1354,"sourceFile":"editfns.c"},{"imageOffset":1239880,"sourceLine":1390,"sourceFile":"editfns.c","symbol":"Finsert","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":160},{"imageOffset":38012,"symbol":"F6d616769742d6c6f672d776173682d726576_magit_log_wash_rev_0","symbolLocation":2620,"imageIndex":5},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":1296408,"sourceLine":2653,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Fapply","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":560},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":1566492,"sourceLine":632,"sourceFile":"bytecode.c","symbol":"exec_byte_code","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":1852},{"imageOffset":1297364,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","symbolLocation":616,"imageIndex":3},{"imageOffset":53756,"symbol":"F6d616769742d776173682d73657175656e6365_magit_wash_sequence_0","symbolLocation":92,"imageIndex":6},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":32272,"symbol":"F6d616769742d6c6f672d776173682d6c6f67_magit_log_wash_log_0","symbolLocation":528,"imageIndex":5},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":1296408,"sourceLine":2653,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Fapply","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":560},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":1566492,"sourceLine":632,"sourceFile":"bytecode.c","symbol":"exec_byte_code","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":1852},{"imageOffset":1297364,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","symbolLocation":616,"imageIndex":3},{"imageOffset":35964,"symbol":"F6d616769742d6769742d77617368_magit_git_wash_0","symbolLocation":284,"imageIndex":7},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":31200,"symbol":"F6d616769742d696e736572742d6c6f67_magit_insert_log_0","symbolLocation":1056,"imageIndex":5},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":26924,"symbol":"F6d616769742d6c6f672d726566726573682d627566666572_magit_log_refresh_buffer_0","symbolLocation":2188,"imageIndex":5},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":33320,"symbol":"F6d616769742d726566726573682d627566666572_magit_refresh_buffer_0","symbolLocation":584,"imageIndex":8},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":31088,"symbol":"F6d616769742d72656672657368_magit_refresh_0","symbolLocation":272,"imageIndex":8},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":35836,"symbol":"F6d616769742d70726f636573732d73656e74696e656c_magit_process_sentinel_0","symbolLocation":412,"imageIndex":9},{"imageOffset":1297516,"sourceLine":3023,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Ffuncall","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":768},{"imageOffset":1296408,"sourceLine":2653,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"Fapply","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":560},{"imageOffset":1277904,"sourceLine":2869,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"apply1","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":52},{"imageOffset":1289904,"sourceLine":1474,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"internal_condition_case_1","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":280},{"imageOffset":1651244,"sourceLine":7462,"sourceFile":"process.c","symbol":"exec_sentinel","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":308},{"imageOffset":1618372,"sourceLine":7554,"sourceFile":"process.c","symbol":"status_notify","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":1436},{"imageOffset":1641880,"sourceLine":5376,"sourceFile":"process.c","symbol":"wait_reading_process_output","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":2148},{"imageOffset":790648,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"kbd_buffer_get_event","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":684,"inline":true},{"symbol":"read_event_from_main_queue","inline":true,"imageIndex":3,"imageOffset":790648,"symbolLocation":896,"sourceLine":2198,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c"},{"symbol":"read_decoded_event_from_main_queue","inline":true,"imageIndex":3,"imageOffset":790648,"symbolLocation":896,"sourceLine":2262,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c"},{"imageOffset":790648,"sourceLine":2892,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"read_char","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":7764},{"imageOffset":776556,"sourceLine":9635,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"read_key_sequence","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":1540},{"imageOffset":770052,"sourceLine":1392,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"command_loop_1","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":1084},{"imageOffset":1289584,"sourceLine":1450,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"internal_condition_case","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":272},{"imageOffset":768948,"sourceLine":1133,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"command_loop_2","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":52},{"imageOffset":1286956,"sourceLine":1181,"sourceFile":"eval.c","symbol":"internal_catch","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":268},{"imageOffset":2070316,"sourceLine":1111,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"recursive_edit_1.cold.1","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":80},{"symbol":"command_loop","inline":true,"imageIndex":3,"imageOffset":766948,"symbolLocation":4,"sourceLine":1108,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c"},{"imageOffset":766948,"sourceLine":720,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"recursive_edit_1","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":268},{"imageOffset":767372,"sourceLine":803,"sourceFile":"keyboard.c","symbol":"Frecursive_edit","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":388},{"imageOffset":764268,"sourceLine":2354,"sourceFile":"emacs.c","symbol":"main","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":9156},{"imageOffset":20620,"symbol":"start","symbolLocation":520,"imageIndex":10}]},{"id":11739212,"name":"gmain","frames":[{"imageOffset":50584,"symbol":"__select","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":0},{"imageOffset":269428,"symbol":"g_poll","symbolLocation":424,"imageIndex":11},{"imageOffset":216848,"symbol":"g_main_context_iterate","symbolLocation":336,"imageIndex":11},{"imageOffset":217048,"symbol":"g_main_context_iteration","symbolLocation":60,"imageIndex":11},{"imageOffset":222236,"symbol":"glib_worker_main","symbolLocation":48,"imageIndex":11},{"imageOffset":363732,"symbol":"g_thread_proxy","symbolLocation":68,"imageIndex":11},{"imageOffset":29292,"symbol":"_pthread_start","symbolLocation":148,"imageIndex":1},{"imageOffset":8332,"symbol":"thread_start","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":1}]},{"id":11739218,"frames":[{"imageOffset":50584,"symbol":"__select","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":0},{"imageOffset":1872068,"sourceLine":5873,"sourceFile":"nsterm.m","symbol":"-[EmacsApp
fd_handler:]","imageIndex":3,"symbolLocation":244},{"imageOffset":378428,"symbol":"__NSThread__start__","symbolLocation":808,"imageIndex":12},{"imageOffset":29292,"symbol":"_pthread_start","symbolLocation":148,"imageIndex":1},{"imageOffset":8332,"symbol":"thread_start","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":1}]},{"id":11739224,"name":"com.apple.NSEventThread","frames":[{"imageOffset":6320,"symbol":"mach_msg_trap","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":0},{"imageOffset":7456,"symbol":"mach_msg","symbolLocation":76,"imageIndex":0},{"imageOffset":545456,"symbol":"__CFRunLoopServiceMachPort","symbolLocation":372,"imageIndex":13},{"imageOffset":538464,"symbol":"__CFRunLoopRun","symbolLocation":1180,"imageIndex":13},{"imageOffset":535332,"symbol":"CFRunLoopRunSpecific","symbolLocation":600,"imageIndex":13},{"imageOffset":1762164,"symbol":"_NSEventThread","symbolLocation":196,"imageIndex":14},{"imageOffset":29292,"symbol":"_pthread_start","symbolLocation":148,"imageIndex":1},{"imageOffset":8332,"symbol":"thread_start","symbolLocation":8,"imageIndex":1}]},{"id":11818242,"frames":[{"imageOffset":8312,"symbol":"start_wqthread","symbolLocation":0,"imageIndex":1}]}],
  "usedImages" : [
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7477252096,
    "size" : 229376,
    "uuid" : "03f48dc5-caa7-3678-af61-1a3c7fa8b06e",
    "path" : "\/usr\/lib\/system\/libsystem_kernel.dylib",
    "name" : "libsystem_kernel.dylib"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7477481472,
    "size" : 53248,
    "uuid" : "42166a2c-89a9-3c38-a215-f028544cea23",
    "path" : "\/usr\/lib\/system\/libsystem_pthread.dylib",
    "name" : "libsystem_pthread.dylib"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7476199424,
    "size" : 532480,
    "uuid" : "86746b94-88e3-342d-b2b2-54303404e492",
    "path" : "\/usr\/lib\/system\/libsystem_c.dylib",
    "name" : "libsystem_c.dylib"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4297572352,
    "CFBundleShortVersionString" : "Version 28.1",
    "CFBundleIdentifier" : "org.gnu.Emacs",
    "size" : 2342912,
    "uuid" : "a4b58c15-be0a-3353-aecf-7fe999011bc1",
    "path" : "\/Applications\/Emacs.app\/Contents\/MacOS\/Emacs",
    "name" : "Emacs",
    "CFBundleVersion" : "9.0"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7477587968,
    "size" : 32768,
    "uuid" : "d7aba99f-ba00-36e9-945d-48acf57fc568",
    "path" : "\/usr\/lib\/system\/libsystem_platform.dylib",
    "name" : "libsystem_platform.dylib"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4638408704,
    "size" : 114688,
    "uuid" : "a0540ef4-16f8-33aa-ad74-e3c71d19eef1",
    "path" : "\/Users\/USER\/*\/magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln",
    "name" : "magit-log-cf2b5ea6-aa7a3676.eln"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4473356288,
    "size" : 81920,
    "uuid" : "01947b4a-558d-3f98-86e4-a9c2c1be6c29",
    "path" : "\/Users\/USER\/*\/magit-section-d4315781-9cc383f6.eln",
    "name" : "magit-section-d4315781-9cc383f6.eln"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4492345344,
    "size" : 163840,
    "uuid" : "eeee0383-456e-376e-825a-3e4872494f8f",
    "path" : "\/Users\/USER\/*\/magit-git-d6a06d69-8896f5a1.eln",
    "name" : "magit-git-d6a06d69-8896f5a1.eln"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4491755520,
    "size" : 65536,
    "uuid" : "71bd0fc4-dc95-327f-8dab-ffcce6d3ed8e",
    "path" : "\/Users\/USER\/*\/magit-mode-f40bb2c9-c8a19a0d.eln",
    "name" : "magit-mode-f40bb2c9-c8a19a0d.eln"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4491935744,
    "size" : 65536,
    "uuid" : "ebce5677-5c9f-31e6-8b15-73ec04938dce",
    "path" : "\/Users\/USER\/*\/magit-process-88892e80-4f5ac83c.eln",
    "name" : "magit-process-88892e80-4f5ac83c.eln"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 4307304448,
    "size" : 393216,
    "uuid" : "d9c2a46e-8dc4-3950-9d6a-f799e8ccb683",
    "path" : "\/usr\/lib\/dyld",
    "name" : "dyld"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64",
    "base" : 4312727552,
    "size" : 933888,
    "uuid" : "a15caf5c-5b16-3cdd-8eb4-1958818efb02",
    "path" : "\/opt\/homebrew\/*\/libglib-2.0.0.dylib",
    "name" : "libglib-2.0.0.dylib"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7493545984,
    "CFBundleShortVersionString" : "6.9",
    "CFBundleIdentifier" : "com.apple.Foundation",
    "size" : 4136960,
    "uuid" : "a2e534d9-cdf0-397f-a41e-147559c83893",
    "path" : "\/System\/Library\/Frameworks\/Foundation.framework\/Versions\/C\/Foundation",
    "name" : "Foundation",
    "CFBundleVersion" : "1863"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7477805056,
    "CFBundleShortVersionString" : "6.9",
    "CFBundleIdentifier" : "com.apple.CoreFoundation",
    "size" : 5533696,
    "uuid" : "994db908-11a1-3e43-b7df-25c09d51368a",
    "path" : "\/System\/Library\/Frameworks\/CoreFoundation.framework\/Versions\/A\/CoreFoundation",
    "name" : "CoreFoundation",
    "CFBundleVersion" : "1863"
  },
  {
    "source" : "P",
    "arch" : "arm64e",
    "base" : 7523581952,
    "CFBundleShortVersionString" : "6.9",
    "CFBundleIdentifier" : "com.apple.AppKit",
    "size" : 15433728,
    "uuid" : "a773dd23-b1c8-3c9b-9175-9a71d210ace0",
    "path" : "\/System\/Library\/Frameworks\/AppKit.framework\/Versions\/C\/AppKit",
    "name" : "AppKit",
    "CFBundleVersion" : "2113.50.132"
  },
  {
    "size" : 0,
    "source" : "A",
    "base" : 0,
    "uuid" : "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"
  }
],
  "sharedCache" : {
  "base" : 7474184192,
  "size" : 3136077824,
  "uuid" : "513553bb-5ca5-3b9e-a613-b0603ffe3038"
},
  "vmSummary" : "ReadOnly portion of Libraries: Total=913.2M
resident=0K(0%) swapped_out_or_unallocated=913.2M(100%)\nWritable
regions: Total=1.6G written=0K(0%) resident=0K(0%) swapped_out=0K(0%)
unallocated=1.6G(100%)\n\n                                VIRTUAL
REGION \nREGION TYPE                        SIZE    COUNT
(non-coalesced) \n===========                     =======  =======
\nAccelerate framework               512K        4 \nActivity Tracing
                 256K        1 \nCG backing stores
2176K        4 \nCG image                           288K        9
\nColorSync                          512K       25 \nCoreAnimation
                 432K       10 \nCoreGraphics
32K        2 \nCoreUI image data                 1344K        9
\nFoundation                          16K        1 \nKernel Alloc Once
                  32K        1 \nMALLOC
290.3M       52 \nMALLOC guard page                  192K       10
\nMALLOC_MEDIUM (reserved)         960.0M        8         reserved VM
address space (unallocated)\nMALLOC_NANO (reserved)           384.0M
     1         reserved VM address space (unallocated)\nSTACK GUARD
                   54.5M        5 \nStack
11.7M        6 \nVM_ALLOCATE                        192K       12
\n__AUTH                            1917K      182 \n__AUTH_CONST
                11.3M      344 \n__CTF
756        1 \n__DATA                            28.3M      706
\n__DATA_CONST                      17.4M      572 \n__DATA_DIRTY
                 856K      116 \n__FONT_DATA
4K        1 \n__LINKEDIT                       605.0M      319
\n__OBJC_CONST                      1759K      153 \n__OBJC_RO
                83.0M        1 \n__OBJC_RW
3152K        1 \n__TEXT                           308.2M      676
\n__UNICODE                          592K        1 \ndyld private
memory               1024K        1 \nmapped file
175.0M       24 \nshared memory                      864K       15
\n===========                     =======  ======= \nTOTAL
                 2.9G     3273 \nTOTAL, minus reserved VM space
1.6G     3273 \n",
  "legacyInfo" : {
  "threadTriggered" : {
    "queue" : "com.apple.main-thread"
  }
},
  "trialInfo" : {
  "rollouts" : [
    {
      "rolloutId" : "60356660bbe37970735c5624",
      "factorPackIds" : {

      },
      "deploymentId" : 240000027
    },
    {
      "rolloutId" : "5fc94383418129005b4e9ae0",
      "factorPackIds" : {

      },
      "deploymentId" : 240000401
    }
  ],
  "experiments" : [

  ]
}
}