Subject: bug#56512: gnu.org does not redirect http to https

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 21:56:51 -0400

retitle 56512 URLs in coreutils manuals documentation should use HTTPS
reassign 56512 coreutils
thanks

Hi Ronak,

Ronak B <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you for the quick replies. Ok I will email the GNU project with
> regard to the lack of a redirect.

> I think we should change the man doc at least in all coreutils to use https in the links instead of http. 
>
> Can we repurpose this ticket for that work or should we create a separate ticket to update the man docs?

OK.  I'm re-titling the issue accordingly and reassign it to the
coreutils package, since this is where the change should be made if
accepted.

To coreutils maintainers: the suggested change would be to adjust URLs
everywhere in the documentation of coreutils to use HTTPS rather than
HTTP.

Thanks,

Maxim