Subject: Re: bug#56507: Suggestions for the "Options" menu

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:42:10 +0100

>>>>> Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> 2. Remove "Blink Cursor".
    >> 
    >> For both of these, this is the standard behavior in almost any
    >> text editor, and any user that wants to customize them can and
    >> will do it without the menu.

    > None of the text editors that I tried has a blinking cursor by
    > default.  Maybe because they use the system settings where I
    > disabled cursor blinking in Keyboard preferences.  So this menu
    > item could be removed not sooner than Emacs will respect these
    > system settings as well.

Please don't remove Blink Cursor from the Menu bar. I set the cursor to
blink via my ~/.emacs; however, I often want to stop temporarily the
cursor from blinking and this I do this via the menu.

Why remove something that has worked well over the years? Who gains?

Best wishes

Colin Baxter.