Subject: bug#56502: Lucid ghosts

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 09:40:06 +0000

Hello, Po.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 10:04:52 +0800, Po Lu wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Hello, Emacs.

> > While checking for Lisp hooks in the display engine, I came across some
> > unused variables with "lucid" in their names, namely
> > Vlucid_menu_bar_dirty_flag and Qrecompute_lucid_menubar.  These could
> > surely now be removed from Emacs, saving a small amount of space and
> > execution time.

> > A grep through the project's sources suggests there are other ghosts with
> > "lucid", and these could probably also be removed.

> AFAIR those were left over from the original Lucid Emacs menu bar
> implementation.  Nobody still uses them, so they can be deleted.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I've just removed the things (in master)
and closed the bug.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).