Subject: Re: bug#56492: 29.0.50; dired not updating, ! acts weird during long Emacs session

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 17:55:32 +0200

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > - I am using deleting by moving to trash, and sometimes I use d to
>> >   delete file, then I see Trashing, but dired bufffer remains same
>> >   without being reverted, I remain with file in the list marked with
>> >   red or with D, and I can repeat action of deletion even if file does
>> >   not exist. Maybe deletion function should verify if file exists?
>> 
>> Do you have a recipe to reproduce the issue?
>
> It works well in beginning. I do not change my packages. Then after
> some time it starts behaving that way.
>
> It is difficult to say what is causing it as it is happening in longer
> running Emacs session.

It's impossible to make any progress here unless we have a recipe for
the problem, I'm afraid, so I'm closing this bug report.  If you can
come up with one, please open a new bug report.