Subject: Re: bug#56485: Graphical Installer Partitioning Bug

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:09:46 +0200

Hi imran,

imran saleh <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I'm using the graphical installer and I choose the option to
> automatically partition with encryption, I then edit the partitions to add
> a swap partition (I do this  because I want a swap partition and it isn't
> provided by default). I do this by freeing either the root or home
> partitions (I've tried both) and first allocating some storage to a swap
> partition, and then allocating the rest back to the partition originally
> freed (and I encrypt it, etc.).
>
> The bug: When I tell it to go ahead and partition the drive according to
> what I set up, the screen flashes and resets the entire installer to the
> beginning of the installation i.e. takes me back to the locale setting
> screen. However, when I don't create a swap, it seems to partition without
> complaint.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Imran

Could you try with the latest installer (I see from your other mail that
you're using 1.3)?  It has a bunch of improvements, though I suspect
that the one you're talking about is an elusive one that we haven't been
able to fix yet, because we don't have enough debugging info.  If my
hunch is correct, it should crash in the very same way, possibly because
of a segfault or similar in libgit (we already handle all guile
exceptions).

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret