Subject: bug#56485: closed (Re: bug#56485: Graphical Installer Partitioning Bug)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:42:01 +0000

Your bug report

#56485: Graphical Installer Partitioning Bug

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56485: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56485
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56485: Graphical Installer Partitioning Bug
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: imran saleh <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 14:40:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> The bug: When I tell it to go ahead and partition the drive according
> to what I set up, the screen flashes and resets the entire installer
> to the beginning of the installation i.e. takes me back to the locale
> setting screen. However, when I don't create a swap, it seems to
> partition without complaint.

This could be a manifestation of https://issues.guix.gnu.org/58732. With
the latest installer version there is a core-dump uploader which will
help diagnosing those issues.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: Graphical Installer Partitioning Bug
From: imran saleh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:11:29 +0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When I'm using the graphical installer and I choose the option to
automatically partition with encryption, I then edit the partitions to add
a swap partition (I do this  because I want a swap partition and it isn't
provided by default). I do this by freeing either the root or home
partitions (I've tried both) and first allocating some storage to a swap
partition, and then allocating the rest back to the partition originally
freed (and I encrypt it, etc.).

The bug: When I tell it to go ahead and partition the drive according to
what I set up, the screen flashes and resets the entire installer to the
beginning of the installation i.e. takes me back to the locale setting
screen. However, when I don't create a swap, it seems to partition without
complaint.

Thanks,

Imran