Subject: bug#56482: 29.0.50; shr displays <![if !supportLists]>...<![endif]> literally instead of dropping the tags

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:04:17 +0200

[email-masked] writes:

> Indeed this seems to be a libxml2 regression! I downgraded my libxml to
> libxml2-2.9.13-2 (Arch Linux), and the tags are omitted as they should
> be. I re-upgraded to the current libxml2-2.9.14-1, and the problem is
> back.

I'm starting to wonder...  is 

<![if !bar]>Foo<![endif]>

valid syntax?  It's apparently an MSIE-ism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_comment

A comment is supposed to be <!--, after all.

Perhaps the libxml people have "fixed" the parser to not be MSIE
compatible any more?  Anybody know?  In which case, perhaps shr should
do some pre-processing to remove the <![ things, but that'd be a
bother...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no