Subject: bug#56479: 29.0.50; [PATCH] simple fix on xlwmenu

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 10:41:21 +0200

Hi,

I was working on patch for xlwmenu and found this.
>From 11b5ee379e17a205ccb509079fe5b605b7c089b3 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 14:15:49 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ; * lwlib/xlwmenu.c (make_shadow_gcs): Remove "a = a"
 pattern.

---
 lwlib/xlwmenu.c | 4 ----
 1 file changed, 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lwlib/xlwmenu.c b/lwlib/xlwmenu.c
index eba85631bd..68f49e646d 100644
--- a/lwlib/xlwmenu.c
+++ b/lwlib/xlwmenu.c
@@ -1753,13 +1753,9 @@ make_shadow_gcs (XlwMenuWidget mw)
 
   if (mw->menu.top_shadow_color == -1)
     mw->menu.top_shadow_color = mw->core.background_pixel;
-  else
-    mw->menu.top_shadow_color = mw->menu.top_shadow_color;
 
   if (mw->menu.bottom_shadow_color == -1)
     mw->menu.bottom_shadow_color = mw->menu.foreground;
-  else
-    mw->menu.bottom_shadow_color = mw->menu.bottom_shadow_color;
 
   if (mw->menu.top_shadow_color == mw->core.background_pixel ||
       mw->menu.top_shadow_color == mw->menu.foreground)
-- 
2.36.1

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.1, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2022-07-10 built on elite.giraud
Repository revision: 11b5ee379e17a205ccb509079fe5b605b7c089b3
Repository branch: mgi/ui
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: OpenBSD elite.giraud 7.1 GENERIC.MP#579 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=athena --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220527.2213/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug vc-git vc-dispatcher vc-svn whitespace
gnus-dired magit-patch face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base
magit-section dash compat-27 compat-26 compat paredit edmacro icomplete
time battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes osm bookmark mingus libmpdee transmission diary-lib
diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-view-gnus
mu4e-view-common mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif mu4e-lists mu4e-message
flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-vars mu4e-meta supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg
dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format
ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe
eieio-base pcase timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex ol rx org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref project
arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline pp comint ansi-color ring
hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads dired-aux dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs so-long notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode tex-site
hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
stimmung-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 548790 40292)
 (symbols 48 54597 4)
 (strings 32 169093 9002)
 (string-bytes 1 5652960)
 (vectors 16 97410)
 (vector-slots 8 1267584 34078)
 (floats 8 516 279)
 (intervals 56 768 126)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
Manuel Giraud