Subject: Bug in compute-guix-derivation

From: Girish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 06:25:52 +0000

$ guix pull

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 6e2f5fe (413 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 6e2f5fe
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
  module-import 2KiB 63KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  module-import-compiled 1.2MiB 125KiB/s 00:10 [##################] 100.0%
  compute-guix-derivation 1013B 463KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
0.0%guix substitute: warning: ci.guix.gnu.org: connection failed: 
Connection timed out
substitute:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
0.0%guix substitute: warning: bordeaux.guix.gnu.org: host not found: 
Temporary failure in name resolution
substitute:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
0.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
Backtrace::
           17 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/w7y5xmzi2932yb128dc8cc5ig69c71jh-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 16 (_ _)
     159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2168:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d3cc0140> 
#<procedure 7f88c5034fa0 at ./guix/self.scm:12?> ?)
    1996:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d3cc0140>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    300:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d3cc0140>)
    1181:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d0b1deb0>)
    1047:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d0b1deb0>)
     893:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d0b1deb0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2053:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d0b1deb0>)
    1401:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f88d0b1deb0> #<procedure 7f88d2b0c2c0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1417:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d0b1deb0> 
("/gnu/store/wcqvrs9bxbsk0ggycjncgd82v8yb02a7-curl-7.84.0.?") ?)
   1417:15  3 (loop #f)
    711:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f88d0b1deb0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
    102:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
      80:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:80:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
   1. &nar-error:
       file: #f
       port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/w7y5xmzi2932yb128dc8cc5ig69c71jh-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"6e2f5fe2170065e23c4176ab79cbc60ad2ffd0f7"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "49ecf1cbeedbc8a381242b692635b0b4c2576eb9"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.