Subject: bug#56465: Can't install themes from .emacs config in Emacs 27.1

From: Emily Seville <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:25:58 +1000

Hello! Why when I run *M-x package-install RET material-theme* it
works but *(package-install
'material-theme) or (package-install "material-theme")* fails with the
following error:

> error: Package ‘material-theme-’ is unavailable
>
Why do I see the trailing dash after the "theme" word in the eror? Is it a
bug? My *~/.emacs* file is:

(require 'package)
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/"))
(package-install 'material-theme)
;(load-theme 'material-light t)

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(custom-safe-themes
   '("f149d9986497e8877e0bd1981d1bef8c8a6d35be7d82cba193ad7e46f0989f6a"
"90a6f96a4665a6a56e36dec873a15cbedf761c51ec08dd993d6604e32dd45940"
default))
 '(display-line-numbers 'relative)
 '(ispell-dictionary nil)
 '(package-selected-packages '("material-theme" "material-theme")))
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(line-number-current-line ((t (:inherit line-number :background
"brightgreen")))))

-- 
*# Best regards, Emily Grace Seville.*
*[contacts]*
site *=* "*https://github.com/EmilySeville7cfg
<https://github.com/EmilySeville7cfg>"*
phone *=* "+79245201384*"*