Subject: Re: bug#56452: [PATCH 0/5] Fix and update LLVM and clang-toolchain.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 01:17:19 +0200

Hello,

Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patchset updates and fixes the builds of llvm-3.7, llvm-3.8, and
> llvm-8 and also updates llvm-14.

Yay!

> The only failing depedent package is beignet, which has failed to build
> since last year's replacement of ocl-icd with opencl-icd-loader. beignet
> has no dependents and was last updated in 2017.
>
> By building clang-toolchain with a libomp built with the same version of
> llvm we remove the additional copy of llvm and reduce the size of the
> closure from 1330.9 MB to 1156 MB.

It’s still terrible, but it’s an improvement.

> If this is accepted I would look to submit a follow-on patchset adding
> libomp varients for clang-toolchain-12 and earlier.

Sounds good.

>   gnu: llvm-8: Fix build with gcc-10.
>   gnu: llvm-3.7, llvm-3.8: Fix build with gcc.
>   gnu: faust-2: Update to 2.41.1.
>   gnu: LLVM, Clang, LLD: Update to 14.0.6.
>   gnu: clang-toolchain-14: Build with libomp-14.

Applied it all except the faust patch; let me know what to do with that
one.

Thanks!

Ludo’.