Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: bug#56444: Patch to fix Gitolite home directory permissions

From: "Thompson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 09:59:57 -0400

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 9:44 AM Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> As there appears to be a lack of willingness to invest the tiniest bit of
> extra effort to implement a proper patch, and given the length of previous
> discussion, I think my time will be better spent continuing fixing things
> in Guix rather than any failing attempts at convincing you. As such, I'll
> stop responding until a v2 or questions on how to implement a v2, but that
> cannot be interpreted as me agreeing with you.
>

>From my perspective, there is a lack of willingness on your end to accept
imperfect solutions that have low impact.  In projects I maintain and in
the professional world, I try to acknowledge the work someone has already
done and accept patches/pull requests that are not ideal but solve real
world problems.  I'd be happy to do some follow-up work to make
system-level improvements when I have the time to properly test a change
that impacts literally everyone that uses the Guix distro, but it would
have been great to have improved the gitolite service in the meantime.
If/when I get around to doing this work, I'll send along a patch.

To any other maintainer or core dev: If any of you wants to sign off on
this patch as-is, I'll merge it.  I have commit access.

- Dave