Subject: bug#56444: [EXT] Re: bug#56444: Patch to fix Gitolite home directory permissions

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:09:23 +0200

On 29-08-2022 14:57, Thompson, David wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> I disagree.  I believe we shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of the 
> good.  I haven't sent patches to Guix in quite some time, but I've 
> never felt roadblocked like this and it is concerning to me.

It's almost trivial to implement 'the perfect' here, almost no more 
effort than your partial solution; there is no "perfect enemy of the 
good" situation here -- "perfect enemy of the good" only applies when 
"the perfect" is significantly harder / more effort than "the good", but 
that's not the case here.

Given that a proper fix is very easy, simple and low-effort and 
furthermore, it is even known what form the proper fix would take (see: 
extra field, + adjust procedure in (gnu build activation) slightly), 
there aren't any roadblocks except for an apparent refusal by you to 
invest a little extra effort.

If you genuinely find it actually hard to implement, please tell so and 
I can give you some pointers on what procedures appear to be need to be 
modified. Currently, your response appears to be made in bad faith t me.

Greetings,
Maxime