Subject: 23.1.92; info-lookup-symbol doesn't show CL package documentation.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:12:08 +0100

Hi all,
C-h S is unable to show documentation of the CL package.

Reproduce:

Try to get documentation of position or remove-if or any function coming
from cl with C-h S.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
 of 2010-02-18 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23-vcs' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23-vcs' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  partial-completion-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
) C-e <backspace> <return> C-x C-² M-: M-p C-k C-g 
<return> <return> C-y <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <return> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <return> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <return> <up> <up> 
<up> <left> <left> <left> <left> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n 
C-n M-w C-z n C-h c C-h S M-x r e p o r <return>

Recent messages:
nil
Evaluating...
See buffer *Pp Eval Output*.
Quit
Mark set
Mark activated
Auto-saving...done
Collecting symbols...done
C-h S runs the command info-lookup-symbol

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionary/lpath hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/home/thierry/elisp/lua-mode/lua-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lua-mode/lua-mode
~/elisp/g-client/json hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode/ruby-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.92/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug help-mode view w3m-form w3m-tabmenu w3m-session
starttls mailalias smtpmail newcomment epa-mail gnus-fun bbdb-hooks
gnus-cite smiley gnus-ml w3m-cookie sb-emacswiki sb-rss url-cache
url-http tls url-gw url-auth url-handlers nnrss parse-time nnfolder nnml
nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-demon gnus-namazu
gnus-dired nnshimbun shimbun luna eword-encode eword-decode std11 mel
path-util mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken
pcustom poe gnus-bcklg spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-alias
vc-rcs xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log tla smerge-mode dvc-state
dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version
dvc-revlist uniquify align-let bzr-core cg-core xdarcs-core xgit-core
xhg-core xmtn-minimal server csv2org eieio zop-to-char wave-list
wave-display wave-client json g g-cus-load elscreen-server
elscreen-dired elscreen-w3m undo-tree smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils windmove sdcv woof screenshot auto-document eiv tv-utils
eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs showtip delsel
init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything anything-ipython ipython
executable anything-grep grep anything-dabbrev-expand dabbrev
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion anything-etags
anything-match-plugin etags anything-traverse anything-delicious
anything-mercurial anything-config w3m-bookmark mule-util alist pym
static apel-ver product elscreen rx anything firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark install-elisp
find-func mb-depth traverselisp thumb-page moz stumpwm-mode cl-info
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-xref-browser slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads bbdb-autoloads bbdb-gui bbdb-com bbdb boxquote rect
image-file tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp shell tramp-compat trampver complete
newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend ledger pcomplete esh-arg esh-util extview lpr
woman man assoc two-column shell-command em-term term ehelp electric
esh-toggle em-xtra dirtrack flymake pdbtrack pycomplete python-mode
info-look ansi-color pymacs no-word regex-tool whitespace htmlfontify
text-translator-load paren battery time dired-tar compile comint
diredp-minimal image-dired dired-details yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mpd-config emms-lastfm-client xml emms-cue emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-tag-editor emms-i18n emms-mark
emms-history emms-bookmarks emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner
dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view smime dig dvc-gnus tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc
vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x dired-aux ffap ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit ring pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook
muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb
org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-annotation-helper url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars remember org-remember
org-datetree org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile org-footnote org-src
org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline outline config-w3m w3m
browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime-w3m
w3m-load savehist epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source dired
gnus-async nntp gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 sha1-el hex-util
hashcash gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit info easymenu usage-memo desktop
midnight punycode idna mybest-theme edmacro kmacro eev-thierry iterator
eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs
disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice
help-fns advice-preload cl cl-19 site-gentoo w3m-wget preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/