Subject: [bug#56433] [PATCH] import: pypi: Add special treatment for Tryton package names,

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:49:43 +0200

Am 08.07.22 um 23:37 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> Could you instead add an ‘upstream-name’ property to these packages?
> That’d be explicit and IMO clearer.

AFAIU the „upstream-name“ property changes the name when requesting the 
upstream source or when updating.

This fix works into the opposite direction: it fixes the 
„downstream“-name = the guix package name.

Name at pypi:

  * „normal“ Python package: myCoolModule
  * Trytond package: trytond-cool_addon.

Name at guix:

  * „normal“ Python package: python-mycoolmodule — “python-” prefix
  * Trytond package: trytond-cool-addon — no “python-” prefix

Looks like this is not clear from the commit message. Does this changed 
message make it clear?

Trytond modules are Python packages, and treated like this in guix.
Anyhow, since they are add-ons for the “Trytond“ application,
their guix package name do not get the "python-" prefix like other 
Python modules, (see also https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46057#1). This 
change disables
adding the "python-" prefix to the guix packge name for Trytond modules
when importing and updating, thus
inhibiting irritating messages like „consider removing this propagated 
input:
trytond-party, consider adding this propagated input: python-trytond-party“.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |