Subject: [bug#56428] [PATCH] home: Add -I, --list-installed option.

From: Antero Mejr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 19:02:13 -0400

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:

> -I --list-installed works great, thank you.  Just a thought for future:
> Maybe it would be useful to have another option to list all the packages
> in profile, including propagated.

Not sure I fully understand.
For example, if a profile's package "foo" has input "bar" and
propagated-input "baz":
- would you want both "bar" and "baz" listed?
- would you want to know the relationships between the packages?

Could this could be done with 'guix graph' by adding an ascii backend,
like this:

guix graph --backend=ascii -t references $(readlink -f \
~/.guix-home/profile)

to get this:

+------------+-------+-----------------+------+
| package    |parent |type             |etc...|
+------------+-------+-----------------+------+
| foo        |profile|parent           |      |
+------------+-------+-----------------+------+
| bar        |foo    |input            |      |
+------------+-------+-----------------+------+
| baz        |foo    |propagated-input |      |
+------------+-------+-----------------+------+

or this:

foo
├── bar (input)
└── baz (propagated-input)

Maybe  a 'guix sbom' subcommand, for "Software Bill of Materials", would
be better for displaying lists like this. Having an SBOM exporter would
make Guix great for regulated applications like medical device software.