Subject: bug#56423: 29.0.50; Hi-lock in dired broken by toggling wdired-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 19:03:24 +0300

> From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 17:19:40 +0200
> 
> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > It's something to be fixed, but it's independent from my change.
> 
> But you have a good nose

Been there, did crash and burn, have scars to show.

> (do you say that in English?).

No clue (English is not my first language), but the meaning is clear
to me.

> We could protect the code with binding `inhibit-quit'.
> Switching to wdired now nearly happens immediately, unlike in older
> Emacsen where the whole buffer had to be traversed.  So inhibiting quit
> should be ok...?

Yes, it's okay to inhibit-quit for short intervals of time and around
small code fragments.

Thanks.