Subject: bug#56413: [PATCH 1/1] scm_i_utf8_string_hash: compute u8 chars not bytes

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 10:44:50 -0600

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> For the final patch please add a ChangeLog-style entry.

Will do.

> Is this a documented example of Jenkins?  Or did you use a reference
> implementation?

Jenkins?

> Yes, it may be nicer to have it in ‘test-suite/tests/hash.test’.
>
> AFAICS this will only change the hash of UTF-8 symbols and won’t have
> any effect on the output of ‘string-hash’, right?  If not that would be
> an incompatibility.

I think that's right, but I'll have to refresh my memory regarding the
changes.  (Haven't gotten back to the utf-8 work for a bit so it's not
top of mind, though I hope to soon.)

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4