Subject: bug#5641: wishlist: menubar button for terminal buffers

From: Praveen A <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:58:41 +0530

Hi,

I have been using emacs terminal mode (ansi-term) extensively as my
primary terminal emulator program. The big reason is support for
properly rendering Indic text (this is important to see file names and
outputs from localised programs properly while using terminal - both
of them quite common if you happen to use a Indic locale). One thing I
found lacking is an easy way to swicth between terminals. Currently
they are treated just as other buffers and if you happen to have lot
of buffers, switching between terminals are not easy, especially when
you have lot of buffers opened by erc. And add to it, there is no way
to differentiate between already opened terminals. I would like to
request an easier way to switch between terminals. Something like what
erc provides or just a menubar button (like the buffers menu - with
just terminal buffers listed).

Thanks
Praveen

-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)