Subject: bug#56409: closed (Re: bug#56409: 29.0.50; Mouse clicks crash Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 14:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56409: 29.0.50; Mouse clicks crash Emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56409: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56409
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56409: 29.0.50; Mouse clicks crash Emacs
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 16:29:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> since a couple of days, maybe around two weeks, whenever I use a mouse
> click in Emacs, there is a high chance (around one third) that Emacs
> crashes immediately.  Often just clicking with mouse-1 to set the window
> cursor to a different position causes a crash, but also dragging with
> mouse-1 or trying to use a popup menu with mouse-3 or C-mouse-3.

This didn't reoccur for several builds now so I assume the problem is
gone or has been fixed somehow, and thus close this report.

Will reopen if I see it again.

Thanks,

Michael.

Subject: 29.0.50; Mouse clicks crash Emacs
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 21:52:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

since a couple of days, maybe around two weeks, whenever I use a mouse
click in Emacs, there is a high chance (around one third) that Emacs
crashes immediately.  Often just clicking with mouse-1 to set the window
cursor to a different position causes a crash, but also dragging with
mouse-1 or trying to use a popup menu with mouse-3 or C-mouse-3.

Doesn't depend on a particular context or situation.  I was not using
emacs -Q when that happened.

Anyone else seeing such crashes?  I'm not that sophisticated in using
gdb myself...

I'm using master and rebuild regularly (often daily).

TIA,

Michael.