Subject: bug#56399: closed (Re: bug#56399: Problem building in windows; base, out_waiting)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 15:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56399: Problem building in windows; base, out_waiting

which was filed against the gzip package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56399: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56399
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56399: Problem building in windows; base, out_waiting
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: "Bloom-Scheff, James L. [US-US] [NON-EMP]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 10:28:55 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 7/5/22 07:49, Bloom-Scheff, James L. [US-US] [NON-EMP] via GNU gzip 
discussion and bug reports. wrote:
> I am trying to use zlib in windows with visual studio 2019 and 32 bits.

This was sent to the wrong mailing list, I think, as gzip and zlib are 
different projects.

Subject: Problem building in windows; base, out_waiting
From: "Bloom-Scheff, James L. [US-US] [NON-EMP]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 12:49:28 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am trying to use zlib in windows with visual studio 2019 and 32 bits. I am getting compile errors. Zlib appears to be using methods which are not defined anywhere. I can't find any documentation or information about them.

Any suggestions?

1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(142,9): error C3861: 'base': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(144,11): error C3861: 'allocate': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(153,10): error C3861: 'out_waiting': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(178,9): error C3861: 'base': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(179,10): error C3861: 'allocate': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(186,9): error C3861: 'out_waiting': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(192,12): error C3861: 'blen': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(193,9): error C3861: 'base': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(193,17): error C3861: 'base': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(211,8): error C3861: 'out_waiting': identifier not found
1>C:\OptinetSDK5.0\OptiNetBase\windows\compat_linux\zlib\contrib\iostream\zfstream.cpp(240,7): error C3861: 'base': identifier not found