Subject: bug#56393: Soon also looking at your branch

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:15:07 +0200

On 22-07-18 13:43 , Michael Albinus wrote:
> This is Message-Id <[email-masked]>, I see it in the debbugs
> mail buffer. See attached screenshot.
>
> Which mail backend do you use (debbugs-gnu-mail-backend)? I'm on
> gnus. But also with the rmail backend, that message is there (see second
> attachment).
>
> Do you have aspecial gnus or rmail config, which suppresses some
> messages to be shown?

Now it get's interesting...

I'm trying out Spacemacs with the help of chemacs2.  I have one 
non-spacemacs profile, which uses the Gnus that Emacs comes with, and I 
have a spacemacs profile in which I use the spacemacs "layer" for Gnus.  
I can start both profiles, also at the same time with "emacs 
--with-profile default", and "emacs --with-profile spacemacs".

Now, guess what:

Debbugs works fine with the non-spacemacs profile, and shows the -1 and 
whatnot with spacemacs profile, running side by side.

F*** me backw***!

Something in that spacemacs "gnus" layer must have something to do with 
this.

Thanks for helping me with this!  I think this is clearly a user error, 
the user being me.

(I guess I'll no longer use spacemacs. It's very discoverable, and good 
for one's hands, no doubt, but also not very transparent when something 
goes wrong...)